1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Time Zone Setting...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by kimgh, Aug 17, 2006.

1. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I was exploring the Menu->Setup screen and noticed the Time Zone setting. Since I'm on a trip and just changed time zones, I thought I would reset the time zone to MDT, but it did not affect the time on the clock or in any other noticeable way.

Likewise, the Daylight Savings setting has no discernible effect.

And (as usual) the manual is no help. It says you can change these settings without ever saying what it actually changes (since it's clearly not the clock....)

2. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I don't know about the time zone settings (maybe it's just a random requirement of the computer system?) but I do know that the DST setting works...when we had our Daylight Savings time change back in April, the clock automatically set itself to the correct new time (an hour ahead) so I didn't have to manually set it. I imagine it will do the same thing, but in the other direction, come October's time change.

3. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimgh @ Aug 17 2006, 05:26 PM) [snapback]304888[/snapback]</div>
    Those two setting have an effect on the GPS if you have the estimated time to your destination set to display the time of arrival (example 5:02 pm) instead of time left till arrival (example 56 minutes). The GPS does not use the clock in the car. It gets the time from the gps sattellites. If you have the wrong time zone or daylight saving time setting then you might get confused by your gps time estimates.

I discovered this ona long road trip just after daylight savings time went into effect. The GPS showed me that I would arrive at my destination at 6pm when I thought it would be 7pm, but when I switched to display the amount of minutes until my arrival it calculated out to 7pm.

4. kimgh

kimgh Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Aug 17 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]304914[/snapback]</div>
    So, the obvious question here is: how do you set up to display the time of arrival? All I ever see is the number of hours and minutes to arrival...

5. Sho-Bud

Sho-Bud Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kimgh @ Aug 21 2006, 08:03 AM) [snapback]306584[/snapback]</div>
    If in the mapscreen you tap on this indicator, it opens. Next you tap on one of the two icons. One will give you the number of hours, the other one will give you the time of arrival.