1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tinted Windows

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by jonmac243, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jonmac243

jonmac243 New Member

Does anyone have pics they can share of their tinted windows? I am thinking about getting this done and was curious what it looks like on the Prius

2. Rowan

Rowan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Here are a few that I had access too. They were not taken with showing the tint in mind but gives you some idea.

3. rocco

rocco Member

4. Rowan

Rowan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That looks very nice! When I got my car (this last Tuesday) the dealer had already put the tint on.

Does the tint on the front windshild not cause any glare? I had always been told that the windshild could not be done (at least here in Texas)

5. rocco

rocco Member

Yes, the windshield is "outlawed" here in FLA too but the (reputable) tint guy said that the huper optik is so "perfect" and their 50% is very light compared to the regular 50% that it wouldn't matter.

SOMETIMES (especially on an overcast day) it can look DARK to me but no one has stopped me in months.

It has really helped on the heat coming in from the front.

This car tinter guy wouldn't put anything but the huper on the windshield for that reason

6. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Very nice Rocco, It's hard for people to see just how much better the Huper is. Even your pictures don't tell the whole story but better than I could have done by far. When i look out my huper tinted windows through polarized lenses,(Revo) I see just a hint of that spotty look that is usually much worrse with tinted glass. Do you get any of that and if so is it less with the 50% on your windsheild?

7. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Where in FL are you? I've been stymied trying to find a Huper Optic installer in the Tampa area. Thanks.

8. rocco

rocco Member

I am in Tallahassee - I drove to Jacksonville - there's also a place in Naples - get on the huper website for their number to call for the fla distributor.

I must not have polarized sunglasses (is that possible?) cause I don't see the spotchyness.