1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tip for Puget Sound buyers

Discussion in 'Dealers & Pricing' started by dawn, Apr 25, 2004.

1. dawn

dawn New Member

I live in the Seattle area (Bellevue) and went to my local Toyota dealership. I wasn't even given a place on the list, just a vague reference to waiting for a 2005. I was pretty certain I wouldn't hear from this dealer so I started reading this board. Someone had a great suggestion to contact rural dealers. I took this advice and within one week I am driving my Seaside #9 with exactly everything I wanted!

I called Town Toyota (www.towntoyota.com) in East Wenatchee and talked to Jon May. He was great. He took me seriously and even ordered a car for me! He told me that he still has allocation coming in and it could be two weeks or three months until I had my car. We discussed what I had to have (package #9) and what I could live with (any colour but white) and I felt like something might happen. It did. I initially contacted him Thursday, 15 April. On Monday 19 April he called me to tell me my car was on the truck and would be at his dealership within two weeks. Exactly a week after my initial contact with him he called to say the car had arrived! He held it for me until Saturday (yesterday) when I drove the 2 1/2 hours to pick it up.

The service was excellent. He was friendly and straightforward, giving me the exact cost of the car the first time I spoke with him. He also called me to warn me that the cost varied from what he quoted me because the car came equipped with the floor mats (which I wanted) but he didn't want me to be suprised with the extra charge. I paid only the MSRP and I actually saved money as the sales tax is less in East Wenatchee than it is in Bellevue!

East Wenatchee is only about a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle and is well worth the trip. I will buy my next Toyota from Town Toyota and from Jon. He was excellent to deal with! He even called me when I got back to make sure I got home okay and to see if I had any questions about the car while I was driving home. I can't say enough good things about him and that dealership.

The phone number is: 888-888-9892. Jon told me they still have allocation and that his anticipated wait time is, at the longest, still only about 3 months. It is a worthwhile trip! I am not getting anything from referring Jon, but out of loyalty to him please contact him. I think you will be happy with his service.

2. dawn

dawn New Member

I need to clarify my post above. I said I paid MSRP but I should have said that I paid $1700 OVER the MSRP. Sorry if this caused any confusion.

3. johnp

johnp New Member

Dawn, Congratulations on getting your Prius! I also bought mine from Town Toyota and found no problems what so ever. My salesman was Brent Crowder and he impressed me with his straight forward answers to my questions and willingness to admit when he did not know. I ordered in November and he predicted that I would get the car in 4 - 8 weeks. It arrived just short of the 8 week deadline. :D

I think anybody interested in a Prius purchase ought to give them a call.

John