1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tips for Clear Mask & mudguard installation?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by canesfan, Dec 10, 2008.

1. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tomorrow I am having the 3M Clear Mask put on. The same shop will install the mudguards for me. Any special tips or requests that I should pass on to the installer regarding these items? Thank you!

2. Freedom

Freedom Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I had Ventureshielf put on; it is also made by 3M, a better product, same price. The shop I used had both, although they don't get any more of the older one in. And as long as they keep the price the same, they can't get rid of it either, lol. The guarantee with it is much better as well.

Someone on here did a photo shoot on installing the mudguards and added one extra screw -- needed on the rear only. When I put mine on, I saw what he meant and so I also had the extra screw put on. Will see if I can find the thread for you.

Here it is: http://www.vfaq.net/mods/SplashGuards.html

3. canesfan

canesfan Culture shocked...

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Freedom, I knew I had seen on here somewhere about an extra screw. Do you have to go buy the extras? The shop I am using is putting on 3M Scotchguard clear mask, they give a lifetime warranty on it. This shop does the work for all the high-end luxury car dealerships here so I am pretty confident in their work. They already tinted my windows.