1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Confusion

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jeri, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Jeri

Jeri New Member

I took all the info gathered on this site to the local GoodYear dealer. He had never heard of any trade in program, ie no discounts. The tire he recommended was not the one listed on the forums. He said that was only for driving in winter conditons and would get low mpg. I checked with another tire outlet Discount Tire. They recommend a Yokahama tire and would give a trade in of 20.00 per tire. Almot not worth it. What should I look for for three season driving? Price range? Best MPG?

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I had Yokahama tires on my Chevy Venture and would never buy them again. Noisy!!!!!! and very low mileage, they wore out in about 28,000 mi. For me the Integrity tires are fine until they need to be replaced, but I know others don't like them.....Goodyear comforttreads seem to be a good choice ie. seem to give good service mileage and not that high a price.

3. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Re: Tire Longevity

I have used Michelin ZX (88,000 mi) tires on my 4Runner and will select Hydroedge or some other variation when I replace my Prius tires. I want long life, low rolling resistance and quiet. At every vehicle washing I put a silicon rubber lubricant on the tire walls - at 60,000 mi + the tires still look like new. Michelin long-life tires are cost effective and work well on the highway, dirt roads and in snow and ice.