1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tire gauge

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by finman, Mar 1, 2005.

1. finman

finman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Nissan LEAF
    What's the best tire pressure gauge out there? What's everyone using? I've 3 different gauges (pencil-type, analog dial, and a talking digital). All 3 give different readings. It's so frustrating. Can any of these be calibrated against a known good gauge? Thanks for any advice...love my Prius.

2. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :roll: After noting the inaccuracies of my pencil and digital gauges, and on recommendation of another Prius owner, I purchased a very accurate gauge from Racer Parts Wholesale in Indianapolis. It has a good analog gauge with a heavy duty hose with a bleeding valve so I can slightly over inflate then bleed down to the exact pressure I want. I use my 12v mini-compressor and currently am at 38 front/36 rear psi.

It is the Model RPW-S60 (0-60 psi range) Racer Parts shipped promptly. The gauge was $24.99 + shipping. Be sure to get the 0-60 psi range - the first one on the list is 0-15 psi - easy to order the wrong one.

www.racerpartswholesale.com

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmm... i have a digital gauge that i have to assume is more accurate than an analog gauge simply because it reads in ½ lb increments. my other gauge is analog and it reads in infinitesimially (or however that is spelled) small increments but realize that 2lbs are only fractions of an inch apart.

also the digital gauge is supposed to be self-calibrating. dont know how disciplined the gauge is at being accurate, but i do know that every time i get my car back for oil changes, the gauge has the tires measured dead on from factory spec.

i think these days, digitals are simply easier to intrepret. analog gauges will always be more accurate, but what good is the accuracy if its not read correctly?

besides, my gauge only cost me about $6 i think

4. numa106229

numa106229 New Member

Model:
    II
    Hello i like the Moroso 89560
    got mine today 46 bucks amazon
    with free shipping