1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. alexstarfire

alexstarfire New Member

OK, it's a bad topic title for sure, but I don't really know how to phrase it.

Anyways, I'm just wondering which tire they use to calculate the mileage and such off of. I want to know cause I'm putting on some new tires soon and what to gain back some of the fake mileage I've put on the car. I'm assuming it's 1 of the front tires, right? Specific tire would be great, in case something happens to that tire, but if all I get is it's one of the front tires then that's ok. I'm replacing 2 tires.

Uhh, thanks.

2. morpheusx

morpheusx Professor Chaos

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexstarfire @ Aug 9 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]493316[/snapback]</div>
    I may be wrong but I believe that the odometer / speedometer gets its calculations from some sort of speed sensor that is inside the transmission in most cars and not directly from the wheels. Not that I would recommend doing this but I have heard of cars that have had a loose wire and it stops the odometer from adding miles to the car, of course it also stops you from being able to know your speed. But if you know what you are doing might be the answer that you are looking for.

3. hobbit

hobbit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's taken from an average of the two front wheel speed sensors.
    _H*