1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire pressure for Bridgestone 185/65R15 88H

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by dominicsavio, Dec 22, 2008.

1. dominicsavio

dominicsavio New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Folks,
    My Prius has Bridgestone tires and on the tires is inscribed 185/65R15 88H. (1) What is the manufacturer specification for tire pressure for these tires and
    (2) What pressure (front and rear) should I inflate to get maximal gas
    mileage?

Couldnt locate a post for these tires and my 'check tire pressure' light came on...

Also, I'm planning on filling with N2 (instead of air). I dont think this should be a problem but I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this?

Thanks a ton!
    DS

keinwal likes this.
  2. dominicsavio

dominicsavio New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Folks,
    Anyone with input on the "ideal inflation" pressure for my Bridgestone Potenza 185/65R15 88H. Manufacturer (i.e. Bridgestone) spec is 44 psi but I'd like to know how high I can safely go (front/rear) to maximize fuel efficiency...

Thanks!!

3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hi Dominic,

If the maximum air pressure when cold is 44 psi (per the tire's sidewall) then I suggest you try 44 psi front, 42 psi rear.

Regarding N2, if you can have your tires inflated for free, no problem. If you have to pay for this, I would say don't bother.

4. spitinuri

spitinuri Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius