1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Pressure Monitor

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by nicoss, Oct 1, 2006.

1. nicoss

nicoss New Member

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Doesn't your '06 have a factory-installed tire pressure monitor? What would you do with another, after-market one?

3. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ Oct 1 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]326750[/snapback]</div>
    It does but it will not show which tire is out of range or the internal tire temperatures. :angry:
    This smartire gadget allegedly does both BUT it involves removing the tires from the rims to install the sensors and this is something I do not want to be the first to experiment with.

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Are you doing some track driving? Just curious why you're interested in this much data about tire temps.

If you're doing some suspension tuning on a closed course, you might be better served with an external tire temperature gauge. That'll give more accurate feedback and let you determine how hot different parts of the tread are running, relative to each other.

I believe that monitoring internal tire temperature is more critical when there's a concern about tire failure at freeway speeds in a heavy vehicle, like an over the road truck (although this unit only works with a single axle, I believe).

5. nicoss

nicoss New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pinto Girl @ Oct 3 2006, 04:32 PM) [snapback]327583[/snapback]</div>
    Since Priites (Priers?, Prisiens? Prians?) want (need) to know everything about our babies why not about their shoes? B)