1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tire pressure monitoring on Nav screen. Which versions have this?

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by darkleafar, Oct 31, 2012.

1. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I have a Prius v wagon, level three. Do I have the tire pressure monitoring on the Nav screen? If not, can I get it through Entunes or over the air update? Which Prius v wagon do have this? Thanks.

2. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    To my knowledge, no Prius v Wagon sold in USA has tire pressure readings available on Nav screen. In past discussions people point out that the Owner's Manual is written before the vehicle specs are finalized, and on screen tire pressure feature did not make to the final revision. I have not heard of anybody in Canada with this feature, but I'm not %100 sure.

3. darkleafar

darkleafar Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Is it possible that will add it over an OTA update?

4. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Unless the car has enough sensing antennas to determine where on the car each wheel is, it's unlikely that the pressure will ever be shown. I don't think US Prii have that capability, does anyone know for sure?

5. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Anything is possible, but this one is highly improbable that Toyota would just add this nice feature (imho).

I remember seeing screen shots of the tire pressure in each tire from TechStream Toyota software. I'll try to dig up the reference later.

6. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I found this post by xs650 just a month ago;
    Judgeless said:
    I do not belive you can read the TPMS over OBD2 on the Prius. It is not on the list.

Welcome to Google Docs
    I've done it. I used a Mangoose device with boot-leg Tech Stream software. Both the temperature and pressure.

I don't know how to do it with more generic devices.

Read more: http://priuschat.com/threads/tpms.116054/#ixzz2B08H6uzx

Maybe xs650 can get us a screen shot?

7. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think maybe The Critic posted a screen shot. I'm not going to get mine out until I have the need to use it.

What the Mangoose setup will allow you to do is read tire pressure and temperature by TPMS serial number. On a regular Prius, then it's up to you to figure out which position each wheel is in (pretty easy to do). You would also need to track where the wheels go at each tire rotation. Entirely workable for a technically astute Prius owner that cares about such things. For the average consumer, not such a good thing.

Chazz8 likes this.