1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire pressure on Yokohama YK580s

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Jim Shannon, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Jim Shannon

Jim Shannon Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    I know there have been multiple discussions out there around over inflating tires on the Prius to maximize MPG, but I was wondering if anyone is running this tire, and if so, what pressure are you putting in? Recommended on my 2015 Persona is 32/33 front/rear (with stock 17" rubber), as I'm sure it is for many other Gen III models. I've inflated them all around to 39 PSI.

Also, after dropping all corners with Tanabe springs and my wife driving around 1,000 miles on her winter tires/wheels, I've swapped them out with my new 18" TSW/Yoko set up so am ready to get an alignment. I've submitted a quote from my local dealership and will contact a solid independent garage in the morning.

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What's the pressure stamped on the tire's sidewall? I would think the larger tire would need more air. Higher inflation also improves handling and reduces wear.