1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Pressure Sensor Installation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by vinnysca, Oct 17, 2006.

1. vinnysca

vinnysca New Member

Hi all,

I just ordered a set of TPSM for my stock wheels (I had sensors from stock transferred to new wheels), which I will be using for Winter driving. Here's my question:

Does the car automatically sense the sensor once it is put on the wheels, or does the dealer have to PROGRAM it into the car?

I ordered my sensors from the dealer and they said that they don't know if the car needs to be programmed with the new sensors. I'm apparently the first Prius customer to have this done.

Thanks.

Vince.

2. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    the car needs to be programed (using serial numbers or something off the sensors themselves). Make sure the dealer does this before the sensors go in the wheels.

the reason it doesn't pick them up automatically is that it would then be at risk of picking up sensors of nearby cars and giving false readings. so it essentially pairs with then, similar to a bluetooth phone pairing with the car.