1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tire pressure

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gene O, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Gene O

Gene O New Member

Totally in love with our 2004 Prius. I feel so morally "righteous" driving this wonderful machine I can't stand myself! Purchased with 4000 mi. at full list and delighted to pay it. Averaging 50 m.p.g. long trips @ 70 m.p.h., 46 short trip local. Tires 42 front, 40 rear. O.K?

2. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's the tire pressure I run and noticed a lot better tire wear. Hello to a fellow Gene O LOL

3. kirbinster

kirbinster Member

I found that the tires can loose air quickly. I had mine at 42/40 a month ago -- or so I thought. I use my old mechanical tire gauge so it may have been off. I bought a new digital one the other day that was on sale at Sears. I found that one front was down to 40 while the other was at 38.5 and the rears were at 35 and 37.5.

I added air to them and I found that very little air makes a big difference in tire pressure in the little tires. I inflated them and found that I had 43 pounds in one of the front, so I pressed down on the valve stem for less than a second and rechecked it and it was down to 42.0!