1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

tire pressures

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by grasshopper, Jan 9, 2006.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

I have read a lot of posts about tire pressure. When you say that you need to keep your tire pressures at say 40F/42R, do you mean Hot or cold? I assume that you mean hot. At any rate, do you adjust the pressure frequently? If you are traveling long distance, adjust for that. If you are in town stopping all the time, that would effect the pressure. Winter, summer and weather come into play. How eccentric do I want to be? Since I own a Prius, It’s apparent that I’m already somewhat eccentric. B)

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Tire pressures are always stated as the cold temp. Never check then when hot from driving.

They should be checked and adjusted with any significant changes in ambient temp...I tend to check mine if the average daily temp has increased or decreased more than 10-15 degrees for a prolonged time (say, 1 week).

3. Weinerneck

Weinerneck New Member

One little correction........ it's 42 front and 40 rear. :rolleyes:

4. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Tire pressure is always adjusted when the tires are cold, or driven a maximum of 3-5 minutes at low speed. Never when hot. Do yourself a foavor and purchase a good tire pressure guage, the pencil type that you can get for about $2.00 aren't worth anything they are so inaccurate.

5. kinged

kinged New Member

I think it is suppose to be 42F and 40R

6. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

:D Oh! 42F 40R Thanks