1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tire Swap on new Prius gen 4

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by priusdonkey, Apr 13, 2016.

1. priusdonkey

priusdonkey Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Planning on removing the stock Yokohama Blue Earth tires and replacing them with Michelin Premier a/s all season $140 each with a 60k mile tire warranty. Anyone used these tires? they were rated top three in the grand touring category by Tirerack. I'm figuring I'll get $320 for my nearly new set of yokohamas. If I purchase from Costco I get free tire balancing and rotation for the life of the tire and I'm hoping on an improvement in quietness, longevity and performance over the oem tires that get stuck on by the factory. Any thoughts on the Michelin Premier all season? I would purchase the Pirelli Cinturato P7 but I like the idea of free Costco tire rotation and balancing along with nitrogen refills.

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I missed why you were throwing away the stock tires, what happened? Did you need lower MPG for some reason?

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Give the OEM's more time, maybe the urge will pass.

4. lar.smith42

lar.smith42 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got rid of the Yoko's with about 20,000 miles on the because of the noise and tendency to hydroplane. Got the Michelin Premiers because they were rated much quieter and better wet traction ( hydroplaning ) than all the other tires for my 2010. So far 500 miles on them, quiet and comfortable ride. Good handling. I don't really care about mileage but so far no change in MPG.

5. Peterl1945

Peterl1945 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I replaced mine because Tire Rack and my dealer did not have in stock on the Yokohama's - dealer said 2-3 weeks to get - what if I destroyed one!! they were also very noisy - ride was harsh. Got the Pirellis - running 40 PSI - much better ride and lower noise.

@PriusMan likes this.
  6. @PriusMan

@PriusMan Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What type of pirellis did you get?

7. Peterl1945

Peterl1945 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius