1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tires for a 2011 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by dr_rock, Sep 29, 2015.

1. dr_rock

dr_rock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I need new tires for my 2011 Prius, Model 3. What are the best, efficient, recommended by members? I've thought about Michelin Energy A/S. It does snow in Philadelphia so wet/snow traction is also a consideration.

2. B. Roberts

B. Roberts Hypah Milah! Ayuh.

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Michelin, Continental, Bridgestone, and Yokohama LRR all seasons are good in 15" size. Go to TireRack and read their reviews, some are helpful. I had Yokohama Avid Ascend OEM 195/65 15 on my Prius for the first 54,0000 miles and couldn't complain about their snow or rain performance. Durability blew me away for an OEM offering. Got a little noisy (not horribly loud) as tread got really close to wear bars. They wore very evenly. No flat spots or wobbles.

I switched to 17 inch Prius wheels and stuck a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 all season LRR... extremely nice riding and performing tire. Used 205/50 17 size. MPGs 52-54 after about 1,000 to 2,000 miles. At 10,000 miles showing no wear. Still very quiet.

3. dr_rock

dr_rock Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the information; appreciate it. I'll do some checking to find the best price. I was thinking the Michelins would be top of the line, but I'll look at Bridgestone, etc. as well.

4. lifehouse

lifehouse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Heard lots of great reviews about Citurato P7, perfect if you want to keep it whole year round. Or check out Bridgestone Blizzaks as dedicated winter tire.