1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tires - Michelin Destiny's

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Blue-Adept, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Blue-Adept

Blue-Adept Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    I just replaced the crappy stock Goodyear tires with Michelin Destiny's.
    My only question is has anyone else lost MPG when they changed tires? I live in Grand Rapids MI and go up and down hills everytime I drive. With the old Good Year's I was at arround 46-48 mpg. Now I am down to 44-45 MPG.

Has anyone else tried these tires and lost MPG?

Ride quality is better than the GoodYear.

Thanks
    Blue

2. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Blue-Adept

I had a similar drop when I switched to Goodyear ComforTreads.

All new tires need some break in time and few tires seem to get the MPG's of the crappy Integrities. Give your new tires a few thousand miles and a few extra pounds of tire pressure (I'm at 39/37) and you'll be right back to your 46-48 MPG.

I can't believe Toyota put those loud, low wearing, poor wet handling Integrities on their flagship "techno-car".

3. Blue-Adept

Blue-Adept Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The lower mileage also be that I bought gas from a differnt station. Cheap gas?

I will give them time to breakin and see what happens.

Blue

4. RedCard

RedCard New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Re: Tires - Michelin Destiny's

I just replaced the factory Goodyear Integreties with Perelli P6, at the recommendation of the tire shop. The guy even said I won't have the famous Prius wandering with the P6. My advice, don't ever put this tire on the Prius. It produced the worst left to right motion I've ever encounter, so much so that my wife called me from the road threatening to hurt somebody.....not me.:)

Took them back and used the Michelin Destiny instead. We be happy now. Feels pretty secure.

06 Prius 80,000+, No mods.

5. princesstree

princesstree New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My husband wanted to replace the Hydroedge tires we had on our 2006 Prius, but they seem to be out of production currently and unavailable. One discount tire shop was suggesting the Destiny for good handling in wet (and maybe snowy?) conditions. Anyone have experiences good/not-so-good with the Destiny tires on their Prius in wet/snowy weather?