1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

(tires) Road noise is much worse at 22K

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by ETP, Jun 21, 2023.

1. ETP

ETP 2021 Prime(Limit),24 Venza Limit,B52-D,G,F,H

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I started a thread back in 2019 and can't put my finger on it.

But! The tire noise that I had when it was new and only on one road is now constant. Blue Earth Yokohama's on a 2019 Prius Limited! The lower the pressure the louder the noise!
    Tread looks perfect but there is some discussion at many of the tire sites that these tires start making noise all the time and eventually will fail.

First ever bad Yokohama's.

Anyway, thought I had a balance problem at first, but it is definitely a defective tire cord/ply sound.

Yokohama BluEarth S34 | P215/45R17 (tirerack.com)

quote/
    December 09, 2020
    3.0 out of 5
    Average OEM tire. Purchased new Toyota Prius 3 Touring with these tires 2 years ago, after 34,000 miles, the tires wore out pretty fast. Rotated and Balanced tires every 8,000 miles. One tire requires constant refilling of air and deflates to exactly 25PSI every morning. Tires actually felt very dependable for the first 25K miles, but between 25K and 30K the results were dramatic. First, the road noise increased a lot, the wet braking, handling became extremely poor, and finally the treadwear was quick and noticeably fast. For the price per tire, I would not purchase these again. As an OEM from the dealer, I had no choice in the matter. Look elsewhere for a new tire.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I’ve heard of this before, but not with yoko’s