1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tires to choose Michelin options

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by anil255, Oct 14, 2019.

1. anil255

anil255 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Its time for new tires and I am looking at these options at costco.
    what is the best option to choose for all weather and reduce tire noise. I drive around 50 miles a day.

Michelin - Premier A/S - $450 with installation
    Michelin Defender T + H- $420 with installation
    Michelin - X Tour A/S T + H - $ 407
    BFGoodrich - Advantage T/A Sport - $ 340

Please advise.

#1 anil255, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  2. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    #'s 2 and 3 are the same, #3 just rebadged, at Costco and such. I'd probably go for that. They're long wearing, decent for rolling resistance. Trouble-free?

#1 Just from what I've read: the Pemier A/S is an "innovative" tire, but has been putting people off? It starts out with only 8.5/32" tread depth, and supposedly makes up for this by tread that "evolves" as it wears. Some people have reported significant mpg drop, not sure on that though. Also, there's been mention of an odd hum/whine over certain grooved road surfaces.

Also: @The Critic did an ongoing review of them at bitog, think he found them not bad. I think this was in 215/45R17 size?

#4, Don't know.

anil255 likes this.
  3. anil255

anil255 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Thanks for your time, I was inclined towards #2 and #3 . I see lot of people recommended defenders. I will go with touring if they are same.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

Mendel Leisk likes this.