1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

To all those waiting.... (An amazing sight)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AdamKPL, Jul 7, 2008.

1. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I was driving with my friend talking about the Prius wait and we see a random Toyota dealer with a TON of used Prii, I mean like 30ish...basically no other cars just Prii...

Attached Files:

2. traugu

traugu Rebel Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Was this dealership located on RT 44 in Avon/Simsbury and happen to go by the name of Hoffman?

3. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    that is the one, I wasn't trying to advertise since I don't know them but amazing how many used ones they had. Good eye :)

4. traugu

traugu Rebel Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hmm... I don't like to bad mouth anyone, but I will say, buyer beware at that dealership. Those are 2007 base models, that were previously owned by a rental car agency and to my knowledge, they are charging quite a hefty price for them. I began doing business with them, and after a few days, changed my mind, had my deposit returned, let them sell the Prius that I had the deposit on, went to a MA dealership and waited 1 1/2 months or so to get my car. I personally believe thet honesty and integrity are worth the wait.

5. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You are absolutely correct, they are all 2007 base models. Not sure how much they are charging. I do think it's funny that one of the ones I glanced at had keys in the ignition and was completely open (Sunday evening obviously dealer is closed). My friend is in the market for a Prius and wanted to just do an even trade for the car he had there. I wonder how long before they would realize it was missing with so many lol...

6. traugu

traugu Rebel Tree Hugger

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    :roll:eek:ops!

7. slvrjllybean

slvrjllybean New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just took ownership of my new prius and am so excited to be saving money on gas. We got ours new so we could get the tax discount in New Mexico but our dealer told us that he is selling base, program cars with 12000+ miles on them for 29+. It's crazy, but we got on a list early.
    Good luck to everyone still waiting!!! I think everyone is charging an arm and a leg for used cause they are so valuable right now!!

8. Proco

Proco Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Just out of curiosity, I checked their website. They're asking 27995 or 28995 for a car. Most of them have between 20 & 25000 miles on them.

9. Ct. Ken V

Ct. Ken V Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    AdamKPL & Proco,

When I looked at Hoffman's inventory a couple of weeks ago they were all in the $28,000 to $33,000 price range depend'g on mileage only (since they were just about all base models). They have been advertising that they have 55 Priuses ready for immediate delivery. They may have sold a few at those prices, but I don't think too many.

Ken (in Bolton,Ct)

10. AdamKPL

AdamKPL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow so glad I was sheisty and called practically every dealership on the east coast and managed to get my Prius 2 months ago brand new for msrp...id be so mad having to pay 33k for a package 1 used