1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

to paint a bumper or not

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Mitchla, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

I scratched up my rear bumper real good against a cement wall. Is there any metal under there or is it all plastic? In other words, should I get it painted right away? If I can wait, I'll put my John Kerry bumpersticker on the bumper, and then I won't have to worry about glue residue since I'll be painting over it in November.

Thanks.

2. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    The bumper is a plastic shell so you don't have to worry about rust. Check out http://www.brandsport.com/totouppa.html They have a wide selection of touchup paint that will probably take care of your problem.

3. Mitchla

Mitchla New Member

Thanks. I'll try the touchup.

4. sunvia

sunvia Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    a lot of old posts..... i have a gen 3 blue metallic prius....the paint on the front bumber is pealing off....sometimes i scrape a parking block or curb, and perhaps it causes the plastic to bend.....just wondering what can be done, other than a complete bumper repaint....