1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

To really Prius.. Chat?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sailatinu, Nov 8, 2005.

1. sailatinu

sailatinu New Member

So, I thought about this on my way home (as I continue to think about all of the cool things I intend to do when I get my '06 this Jan/Feb).

With bluetooth itself being a rather chatty protocol.
    What about the possibility of setting a shared spectrum address on each of our Prii to enable a means of car-to-car chatting over bluetooth. ;)

In theory, it certainly sounds possible, it just comes down to whether it can happen, and whether it is practical.

How would you feel about chatting it up with other Prius drivers while in traffic, driving or otherwise? :)

It's a step beyond the "flower holder" of the volkswagen beetles (which I had one of but removed the flower holder - damn obstruction of my vision!)

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I'm not sure I'd want to be 'toothed while driving in traffic. Besides, the Prius's Bluetooth implementation is rudimentary. The Prius is barely a step up from a low-end headset. Of course, you can't drive a headset, other than the Prius...