1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

To those who have HID on OEM fogs???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ad78, Apr 12, 2008.

1. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    hi there, i just ordered HID PnP kit conversion and they will arrived on monday.
    my question is, some of youtube videos putting their HID's with this "RELAY"
    is it possible to install this so called plug and play hid conversion without relay?

what i mean is put directly the headlight power (9006 foglight harness) to the HID ballast?

docvijay? tideland?

thanks!

2. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I did the HID foglight conversation and it was PIP and has never given me a problem and I have had them for over two years now. I even posted pictures re the conversion. Good luck.

3. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    thanks cairo - im excited by tomorrow UPS delivery! :D by the way, where did you squeeze your ballast?

4. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I pulled the front bumper off (easy to do but about 20 fasteners) and then attatched them to the inside of the big aluminum bumper piece using a medium sized zip-tie after pulling the styrofoam cushion off. Protects them and they are completely out of the way. Have fun.

5. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    thanks man, i'll do this later...

6. ad78

ad78 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    my hid headlights now look incandescent bulb :D

I have to loosen the 3 screws around foglight housing to twist the bulb. Big difference now! And tested seems no glare and no one flashing me on the road.