1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

To those with an '06 six CD changer...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by acousticbiker, Jan 21, 2006.

1. acousticbiker

acousticbiker New Member

Will "Random" mode select songs from just the selected CD or all loaded ones?

2. notsure

notsure New Member

yep page 269 owners manual

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    do you see both RAND and DISC RAND?

4. y2kroxy

y2kroxy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Jan 22 2006, 12:44 AM) [snapback]195069[/snapback]</div>

I have an 06 PKG 3.

I See the RPT, RAND, and SCAN.
    The RAND only works for the disc that is playing.

Do you have a pkg 3 - type 2 radio?

Does it show the CD Disc # of the disc playing on the CD changer?

5. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine's an 05. The disc that's loaded is shown by the orange light on the centre console under the disc load opening.

6. mtnroadbiker

mtnroadbiker mtn road biker

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tideland Prius @ Apr 30 2006, 04:24 AM) [snapback]247489[/snapback]</div>
    In the '06 they removed the soft key for cd all disc random in favor of a single key; you keep your finger on rand button for a couple seconds till it beeps, it is then in all disc random mode. BTW: Just traded in my '05 Prius for an '06 and am quite pleased with my first 200 miles averaging 55.6.

7. MarieH

MarieH New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusCyclist @ May 3 2006, 10:24 PM) [snapback]249505[/snapback]</div>

THANK YOU!!! hadn't gotten around to reading that part of the manual yet, and was frustrated that it wouldn't random thru all the cd's. I am now completely happy with my new baby :D I've been trying to read and understand the navigation manual, figuring that the audio stuff was straightforward enough not to read about!

8. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusCyclist @ May 3 2006, 11:24 PM) [snapback]249505[/snapback]</div>
    From what I read that is correct, but one thing I would like to add -

As stated, pressing and releasing RAND when playing an audio CD will shuffle the tracks on that disc. Pressing and holding the RAND button with an audio CD will shuffle all 6 discs.

On the other hand, if you are playing an MP3/WMA disc, then these same procedures will shuffle the folder and all folders on the single disc respectively. It does not seem to indicate a way to shuffle MP3's across all six discs. (?)

This is going by memory from what I read the other day, I have not actually played with the shuffle function yet... ;)

- Kevin