1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Today was the day!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by nanabell, Sep 19, 2011.

1. nanabell

nanabell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We've been searching/reading/thinking/looking...for a couple of months now. I rented a '10 last month for a three day trip and loved it, even though it was kind of well-used. We toyed with the idea of making the pilgrimage to California, but wound up paying $799 over invoice for a lovely black Prius II at a local dealership (about 20 miles from where we live in south eastern Michigan). My husband is retired so he will be starting to wax, polish, etc. the car tomorrow. Will post a pic when its up to his standards. We only ended up with two actual options...the blue illuminated door sill protectors and the decal that helps to protect the back bumper. We also ordered the fab weather tech mats, which should be here in about a week.

Many thanks to all for the great posts. I can't say that I've read nearly all of them, but I have a great start!

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Welcome to Priuschat and Prius ownership. I hope you have as many enjoyable years as I've had so far.

:welcome:

3. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the ride!

4. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Thank you for your cult membership !

:p

5. car compulsive

car compulsive Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome and congrats! It's good to hear that availability and price flexibility is improving here in Michigan. When I started shopping about 2 months ago, no dealer had new Prii in stock and all were MSRP only. Three weeks ago when my car came in there were some unsold cars starting to show up, but pricing was still stuck on MSRP. I'm glad I bought my car when I did with no regrets.

6. nanabell

nanabell Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks to all, and you are right, "Car Compulsive"! When we started looking a couple of months ago, there wasn't much around. By this week, our dealership had 6 of them on the lot, so we took the leap. The other dealership in town still doesn't have any '11s in stock.

I have to laugh at the "cult" reference! We have been Saturn owners since 1993 and characterized out loyalty to them in those terms!

Now that this is my 5th post, I should be able to post a pic one of these days!

7. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Funny you should also be a Saturn owner. When I talk with other Prius owners, especially when I'm fortunate enough to be able to have a face-to-face with other Priuschatters, we often end up making the Saturn reference in regards to how we cling together and support each other in a friendly and non-competitive way.

Welcome to the "other" cult!

8. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PC - Enjoy Your New Ride.