1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toenails be damned, i'm off to West Virginia for my salsa #9

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by aarons12, Jun 18, 2004.

1. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

Well, manny is gonna be mad, but i fly out to West Virginia tomorrow morning to pick up my Salsa #9, which arrived 5 days earlier than the dealer was expecting it, and almost a full month EARLIER than they had told me!

Can't say enough nice things about how pleasant it was to deal with Advantage Toyota/Scion, and my salesperson Jeremy. Thanks to Priuschat member Raenstoirm for her great referral there!!

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Looking forward to the full report upon your return! Don't forget the steel-toed boots!

3. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

i just called to get the vin # to make up insurance cards (i'm my own agent) and the salesperson said 'you're the red corolla, right?'

i told him i was gonna sic manny on him, watch his toenails...

4. frbill

frbill New Member

Congrats and Have a safe journey! This car is worth the wait.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

5. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Why do you think I haven't posted much lately? I'm sneaking up to LI to get me a Salsa! :mrgreen:

6. Ray Moore

Ray Moore Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Where have you been Manny?

7. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

manny - you don't know the trouble i went through to be sure you can't get the car when i go away this weekend. hired contractors to renovate my basement, made them drop a dumpster right behind my prius so even I can't drive it.

you'll have to bring a crane...

8. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I'm outside in the summertime. Don't usually get to my computer until late at night. That and I'm running out of witty things to say while I stalk long island 8)

9. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    What's with the toenails thing anyway?

:Wth:

This may not be the proper place, but there are references to toenails. The references are made in reference to anger/confrontation/debate but I can't figure out the origin of the reference. I know that for the most part, tempers normally do not rise in this forum - and trust me, I appreciate that. So I understand that threats made are usually in jest and no one truly intends harm upon another member.

In fact, in one thread, someone suggested that I'd be after someone else's toenails. I didn't understand it then and I don't understand it now.

Please explain.

10. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

hehe... if i recall correctly, it originated when manny threatened, totally joking, to shave somebody's eyebrows if they got their prius before he did. dianne (empress of prius) suggested yanking out their toenails and manny ran with that instead and it became a joke all over this board.

rest assured that it's been totally in jest, and some pretty neat friendships have developed as a result of the fun interplay, including ongoing comic dialogue between myself and manny. we were both awaiting salsa #9's, me from west virginia and him from his local dealer.

unfortunately, while my tale had a happy ending, manny's did not as you can read in other threads. still, the camaraderie on here has been terrific and even now, folks are offering manny great advice on how to proceed.

11. frbill

frbill New Member

I was the first one threatned with the loss of eyebrows/toenails. I put my order for a salsa #9 in march and was told I would get it in June. That set Manny off the deep end and then Dianne added the toenail thing. It scared me so much that I Took a driftwood #9 instead :lol:. I really feal for Manny at this point and I hope he gets what he is after.

Peace,

Fr. Bill

12. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

OMG he threatened a person of the cloth!!??!! :mrgreen:

13. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I am a bit curious. Generally speaking, the people on this board are against paying over MSRP for a 2004 Prius just because the dealer figures they can stick it to you. I happen to agree. However, a number of people have purchased WAY out of state. Doesn't the cost of flying to WV, or CA or wherever and driving hundreds if not over 1000 miles home constitute paying 'above MSRP'? Yes, you chose to pay the extra, and you are helping more poeple in the economic chain by purchasing their services during your travels rathar than lining the pockets of some greedy dealer, but you still pay extra all the same, no??

14. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    well if you put that way, Yes I guess the starting price would be over MSRP, but then you have to factor in the "intangibles" that prodded me to go out to Ca, Got some off MSRP, and I did not have to deal with "Gulf States Toyota" (not part of Toyota). If the dealer is not watching them very closely they add on the "Value Package" an added price of about $600-900 of (to put it nicely) stuff... pinstriping... ect.

I went through this with my 2002...

So I feel I really saved money, got to work with people that really cared and were a dream to work with..

15. jchu

jchu New Member

Even with the one way ticket Boise to Minneapolis ($164) the dealer was asking just over invoice, way short of MSRP. It gave my wife a chance to visit friends in White Bear Lake a suburb and then go up to my her parents place in Two Harbors and drive them back here for an extended visit. So I did not look at the out of state purchase with plane ticket as added cost per se. (As posted elsewhere, the Prius came with 3400 miles on it hence the below MSRP Price tag)

16. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Maybe that's why I'm getting hosed now? :oops:

17. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

indeed, i did consider that the cost of my ticket was in effect a premium over the cost of the prius. but it was also a great adventure! i don't regret it for a second, but yes in a technical sense, it added to the cost.

but then again, a trip to atlantic city would probably have cost as much, with half the fun and nothing to show for it! :D