1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Toenails of the world may be safe?

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by bigbaldcuban, Jun 7, 2004.

1. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I'm #1 on the list and I've been offered a Driftwood #8 (Dealer refers to it as a goldish color :wink: ) MSRP, tank of gas. I'm OK with the 8 ws 9, I need sage advice on the color. :oops:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Manny,
    You're #1, if you can hold out for what you want, do it. Driftwood is OK, but not great. The safety stuff on #9 is worth waiting for for the sake of your kid's safety. I suggest you hang in there just a bit longer...if you can.

3. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

hi manny. that was my second choice color and i would gladly take it instead of the salsa, i had a real hard time deciding.

i have had 3 cars in similar color range. a peugeot 504, a 1994 pontiac bonneville SSEi, and a lexus rx300. in all cases, not only is this an attractive color, but it has to be the single easiest color to keep looking clean, because basically road dust is the same color!

if i were you, i would go for it in a second assuming you are OK with the #8. personally i want the #9.

4. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. My wife wants me to take it just to shut me up :D . I need the car by mid July, so I'm leaning against it. It feels good to be #1 in some thing in life :wink:

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ignore aarons12, look at all those points he's let himself acrue, he can't possibly know what he's talking about! 8)

6. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

8) I think he's afraid I'll be casing his house this summer 8)

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just hit him with another 25 points, he'll need therapy soon! :p :mrgreen:

8. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

hehe... actually, i looked briefly for the way to give away my points but didn't find it. where is that?

9. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That is why you will be crushed by the weigh of those points..... :crazyeyes:

10. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

yeah, it's killing me...

11. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Manny,

For my own Prius, I'd prefer a Driftwood over a Salso, but... I just saw a Salsa red yesterday, in cloudy weather, and it was beautiful -- like a "bing cherry" red.

I'd hold out, myself. You're so close, and it does look like production is starting to ramp up.

12. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think the Salsa beats the Driftwood hands down.

Nate

13. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

well, i just got word that i won't have mine quite as soon as i had thought, end of june, early july. so my toenails are safe for a little longer

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Sorry to hear about that aaron!

Manny, I'd hold out for the Salsa! You're in Texas, you were meant to get the Salsa! Pick up the Pace!

15. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

If I say yes, it gets to the Port of Houston on 6/24 and a couple of weeks before the car gets to Arlington

16. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

I'd hold out for the Salsa, too - in fact, that's my #1 color choice just up the road here in OK-land. Wait a minute...I mean, on second thought, Driftwood sounds great for you, yeah, just great... :wink:

17. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

uh oh, apparently she has not been following the legend of manny and the missing toenails... :rofl:

18. HerkyHawk

HerkyHawk New Member

I'll just be careful not to wear any open-toed shoes this summer... :lol:

19. SAPrius

SAPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    What? The BigBaldCuban has switched off his targeting computer? Say isn't so!

My wife and I placed our Prius order only a month ago. Yet each day we come to this forum seeking solace and inspiration from all the others across this vast land waiting for that joyous moment - when their Prius arrives! As we place an ever lengthening string of "X's" across the pages of the calendar, we read your stories of trial and tribulation. They give us hope. They give us, the #80's and the #100's on the waiting list, the strength to carry on.

Manny! You've been an inspiration for so many of us! We monitor the progress of your order. We share your pain. We check our toenails.

Manny, now that your # 1, don't settle for a # 2. Surely you don't want to watch every ruby Prius drive by and say, "That could have been me?"

Stay true to your Salsa Red. Stay on target!

20. bigbaldcuban

bigbaldcuban New Member

I've politley declined the Driftwood. I feel like a recovering addict who almost fell off the wagon until his support group helped him through. That and the fact that aaron is the Lex Luther to my Superman, I cannot bear the though of him getting a Red and not me.

Actually, if he's got more fuzz on his melon than I do (which is very likely) I guess I am the evil Luther with the toenail fetish and all.