1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

toll roads

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by silverfog, Feb 15, 2011.

1. silverfog

silverfog New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Unlike some on this forum I have had no cause to complain about the Prius onboard navigation -- in many ways more practical than the little portables -- until recently.
    Visiting Florida I found the system stubbornly insisted on taking me on the most circuitous routes rather than following logic. When I forced a particular route, it kept trying to get me off it. I went to Setup and Nav preferences and increased highway speed to no avail.
    Then, for the first time, I read the manual. Eureka! Only when you have a set a specific route can you change the preferences for toll roads, etc. My GPS had been going to great lengths to avoid tolls.
    What the manual does not make clear is that editing the route just once for a specific destination sets a new default. So now the system accepts tolls when needed, and I am happy again. Moral: it pays to read the manual!

2. Comrad_Durandal

Comrad_Durandal New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had this happen, I couldn't figure out why Jeeves (the pet name for my nav system) was taking us in a saw tooth pattern path to our destination in Illinois. We stopped at an oasis, and I was dinking around with the settings, and found everything but local roads were unchecked. After adjusting this setting, it corrected itself and got us to the destination without further incident.

3. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Same here...it is now pretty good at routing.