1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tollway Transponder Storage location

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sailatinu, Feb 22, 2006.

1. sailatinu

sailatinu New Member

In Illinois (And I imagine other states). We have the "IPass" transponder system.

A little white electronic box which will respond to signals sent down, so we pay tolls and are otherwise tracked and audited.

When I first got my new '06 Prius, I hadn't directly attached it anywhere, and I'd prefer not to put down any sticky velcro if I could help it.
    And further more, certainly did not want to obstruct my vision in my view with some little white box.

I finally found the ultimate place to store it!
    In the upper-glove box.

Just stick it on the top shelf, and I've not had a single issue with the tollway accepting or communicating with it.

This way, no sticky stuff, and also keep it out of sight from your view and from thieves.

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Around here it's not worth the chance if it doesn't go off and you hold up traffic (they love giving out tickets those tbta cops)... I just mounted my EZ-Pass like I have been in most cars, directly next to the rear view mirror, right hand side, putting those interlocking velcro tabs right on the black dimples that surround the rear view mirror. For the most part it is out of the way that high when the top half is actually touching the headliner and they can't give you a ticket for it not actually being mounted, which they can do. But hey, whatever works for where you live is great! Good to know it will work in the top glovebox as well.

3. lowspeed

lowspeed Member

I have it in the upper compartment too ... works every time (EZ-Pass)