1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tomorrow is the big day

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by xxxlmpg, May 28, 2006.

1. xxxlmpg

xxxlmpg New Member

So, tomorrow I fly to LA and pick up my Prius and drive back to the Bay Area. I am so ready! Only downer is that I ordered a package #8, and yesterday the dealer sent me the invoice with a package #7! What a Jackass. Anyway, not waiting any longer. Going with the package #7. Hence my question. Are there any sweet seat covers out there? I have a 21-month old soon who enjoys using the car as his lunch pail. Fabric does not clean as easily as leather. Thanks in advance.

AA

2. busyrosy

busyrosy New Member

They sell washable seat covers for dogs..

3. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I got Seat covers from Wet Okole (http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/CTGY/TOY) and love them.

I have a dog that loves car rides, and tends to track an ungodly amount of dirt and mud in with him. So far, i've been able to clean up after him with just a wet towel, but if it gets really bad, the covers can be taken off and hand washed better in the sink.

Putting them on was a bit of a pain (but i think any seat covers woiuld be).

Also, they have cut-outs on the side for the side air bags, which is a must for higher numbered packages.

4. xxxlmpg

xxxlmpg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eagle33199 @ May 28 2006, 12:41 AM) [snapback]261969[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks. I like their website. I'm going to call them next week.

5. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

Out of curiosity, what dealer double-crossed you on a pkg. 8?

At the suggestion of another PC member, I ordered a full set (front/rear, 14 pieces!) from The Seat Cover Factory (exactseatcovers.com) in Houston for $80 + $10. I think they're a bargain---good fabric, well made, decent colors. If you're willing to pay more for even better fabric and a perfect fit, get GTs---about $150 for fronts only (I have a set of those, too, on my other Prius, but didn't get the rears).

The Seat Cover Factory ones are made for the Prius, not one-size-fits-all. The straps and sewn-in Velcro are good, too. They don't fit perfectly (especially the rear seat-back where the armrest goes), but close enough for me.

Have a good ride---sounds like good traveling weather! :)

6. xxxlmpg

xxxlmpg New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ghostofjk @ May 28 2006, 12:55 AM) [snapback]261972[/snapback]</div>

Longo in Long Beach. But partially my fault. I told him I would consider #7, but wanted #8. However, he never called me to confirm.

Thanks for the pointer on the seat covers.

7. Jeannie

Jeannie Proud Prius Granny

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Call Toyota dealers convenient to you and ask what they charge to install leather seats. I did this in NJ. One dealer said it would be aout $1000 to install them plust the cost of the leather covers, but another said it was $995 complete including the arm rest and console covers. Since I'd seen other postings on this web site where people reported getting leather seats for around that price (installed at port, installed by a dealer, or installed by a third party), I went for it - I'm dropping my car off Tuesday night, getting a free loaner, and will get my 'new' car back on Thursday afternoon.

Try searching for 'leather' or 'seat covers' in the Care and Maintenance forum here - that's where I read about other people upgrading their seats. You may even find recommendations for places to get it done near where you live.

8. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xxxlmpg @ May 27 2006, 10:51 PM) [snapback]261970[/snapback]</div>
    Actually the Wet Okole place is not that far away (by freeway) from where you're picking up your Prius. Maybe when you give them a call, you can schedule an install.

9. hawkjm73

hawkjm73 New Member

I put my voice in for Wet Okole as well. They are wonderfully comfortable, and I'm in Phoenix, so it gets HOT out there. Just about anything that gets on them is off with a washcloth, though dog hair seems to require a vacumn. I get asked if I got special seats, and most are dumbfounded they are really just covers.

10. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xxxlmpg @ May 28 2006, 01:33 AM) [snapback]261965[/snapback]</div>
    And you enable this behavior by giving the child food in the car?

11. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ May 28 2006, 01:28 PM) [snapback]262057[/snapback]</div>
    That's a parenting decision, and why seat covers are wanted. I see nothing wrong with that.

12. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ May 28 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]262121[/snapback]</div>
    If you don't mind having a messy car and slobby children with poor eating habits who will probably be obese if they already aren't. Yeah, great decision.

13. ghostofjk

ghostofjk New Member

I'll sit this one out, thanks. :p

14. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ May 28 2006, 10:12 PM) [snapback]262222[/snapback]</div>
    I doubt his baby that is less than two years old is obese yet. Perhaps you're an idiot.

15. mike_m

mike_m New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AnOldHouse @ May 28 2006, 11:12 PM) [snapback]262222[/snapback]</div>

Edit: This is not even worth a reply.

16. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Potential Buyer @ May 29 2006, 05:27 AM) [snapback]262311[/snapback]</div>
    And perhaps a 21 month old does not require "recreational eating" which will only set up the child for obesity in the future. Perhaps you are incapable of comprehending my post to which you replied. Again, I said "probably will be obese..."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ May 29 2006, 08:48 AM) [snapback]262320[/snapback]</div>
    No reply needed, because my comment is right on target.

17. jclay1965

jclay1965 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    David, have some more coffee. You are grumpy.

18. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jclay1965 @ May 29 2006, 12:47 PM) [snapback]262372[/snapback]</div>
    LOL...Hardly.

I just think it's a riot to see what lengths parents will go to in order to indulge their children and then wonder why there are such major and growing problems with childhood obesity in the US.

I wonder if they have to have the living room furniture covered with clear plastic covers so the kids can use it as the alternate "lunch pail" when not riding in the car?

19. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I have never had a car (in well a lot of years) that cleaned up as easily as this one. I am now thinking of my Moms 66 Mustang that 2 of my friends blew lunch in. I spent most of the night cleaning that up. If it was a Prius I would have been sleeping (with one foot on the floor and a waste can next to the bed). Pray to the Porcelain Goddess, She is so cool so nice. Bow down on your knees.

20. AnOldHouse

AnOldHouse Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ May 29 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]262589[/snapback]</div>
    Oh no! That happened to me twice. The second time, it was a group of guys on the way to Vermont (in the snow) for a long ski weekend and one of the guys got drunk in the back seat so it just went on the floor.

But the first time, I was carpooling with a friend to evening college class and he got legitimately sick on the way over. He was sitting in the passenger seat and projectile hurled on the windshield. Yeah, you can just imagine how much fun it was cleaning that mess up.