1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tomorrow's MY day!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by jfritz, Jan 5, 2006.

1. jfritz

jfritz New Member

Well, I've been driving the same car for 15 years. Its a VW Passat Wagon. Bought it the month before my daughter was born. Now she's a freshman in high school!javascript:emoticon(':blink:')

Anyway, tomorrow I get my 06 Seaside Pearl #8. I also added tinted windows, rustproofing (I live in a "salt-belt"), rear bumper applique, and 3M Clear Bra. javascript:emoticon(':D')

I'm getting the dark gray leather interior and wanted rubber "WeatherTech-like" OEM or JDM Toyota dark gray mats. My dealer says his parts guy has no such thing. I've looked at a lot of other brands but would prefer to have the PRIUS badge on the mats. I haven't seen the dark gray carpet vs. the 05 gray all-weather mats. Can anyone tell me if its close enough not to worry about it, orshould I just go with black and forget about matching colors, OR is there a dark gray coming that my dealer doesn't know about?

Also, my dealer said there's no such thing as mudflaps specifically for the Prius. I've read enough of the posts here to know there is but wondering if folks got them from their dealer or if its a Japan or Canada part only? I never got a definitive read about mileage affects of the flaps. Does it matter or are we splitting hairs over this one?

After nearly 30 years driving VWs exclusively its a little strange going Japanese but I originally started looking at the hybrid concept back in the 1970's when Mother Earth News had a set of plans to make a hybrid on a VW chassis. I bought the plans but life took a veer and I never got around to building it. I've been fascinated with the concept ever since. I finally decided that I needed to try the Prius to settle my curiosity. Besides, I've grown disgusted with VW's penchant for diesel. I can't imagine my wife, daughter, or even myself (for that matter) pumping diesel in nice clothes or a tux (I'm a musician) and with diesel at $.50+ and higher its a double whammy.
    javascript:emoticon(':lol:')
    Enough of my rambling......tomorrow night I drive home a Prius! Yeah!javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Well, a slightly premature Woo Hoo (my mom said a man can never have too many). Sorry, can't help you with the mats.

You know how to make a car last. Did you run up even 150 K mi. on the Passat?

Would you be interested in becoming the first NE Iowan on our map?

3. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congratulations on getting a new car, and the smartest car on the road!

Take a look at the <a href=\'http://priuschat.com/sponsors.html\' target=\'_blank\'>Sponsors</a> link on the left.

I got my mudflaps from <a href=\'http://www.metrotpn.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=86\' target=\'_blank\'>metrotpn.com</a>. Genuine Toyota mudflaps from a Toyota dealer, price is $43 + S&H. I installed them myself, easily. And I didn't notice a drop in MPG, just a cleaner car.

They also offer ExactMats. I have no direct experience with these mats, but they look good. They're clear, so you can see your carpet/Prius mats through.

4. jfritz

jfritz New Member

"You know how to make a car last. Did you run up even 150 K mi. on the Passat?"

"Would you be interested in becoming the first NE Iowan on our map?"

Jack06:

I got about 125K on it. Its still a good car for somebody. I just decided it was time and I could afford to do it now. I had this car longer than some people keep their spouses! I also hope this will be a much better car to pass to my teenage daughter when she gets to about her junior year in college. Don't think the Passat would last that long!

Go ahead..put me down on the map! Actually there's almost a dozen Prii (Gen 1 & 2) in our town but apparently I'm the only one lurking online.

Bill M: thanks for the post! I got the body side mouldings from metrotpn.com so I'll have to go back and check it out.

I've gotten a lot of great info from all of you which has helped me make a better decision.

Tonight I should officially be "in the club"!

5. xraynano

xraynano New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yes, it will be interesting to see how adjusting from Passat to Prius goes. I am expecting my 2006 Prius Barcelona Package 8 next week, to replace my 1996 Passat Red W6 Wagon. I loved my little red wagon, although it drank gas and needed regular (expensive) repairs. I look forward to a Toyota: our previously retired Corolla was one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

6. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A