1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tonneau cover

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by NC_Prius, Jan 5, 2010.

1. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm considering getting a Tonneau cover. However, it's listed as tan, and I have Bisque interior. Is tan for the leather package?

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's probably the vendor who's calling it "tan" as a generic term.

The "tan" color interiors for the Gen II Prius were called "ivory" (early model years) and "bisque" (later model years like yours).

If this "tan" tonneau cover is made for a Gen II Prius, then I wouldn't hesitate buying it for your "bisque" interior Prius.

BTW, you shouldn't have to spend more than $100 to get a used tonneau cover on eBay.

The best eBay search term to use is "Prius Cargo Cover" and the next best is "Prius Cargo Shade".

You can also search "Prius Tonneau Cover" (as the Prius brochures call the cover) and "Prius Luggage Cover" (as the Prius Owner's Manuals call it), but you won't get many results, if any.

Good luck.

3. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks. That's exactly what I did, but I wanted to be sure the tan would match. I have the base model so it didn't come with the cover (although it did come with cruise). Does this mean I'll almost have the standard model now? :)

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Close enough! (That's the standard I aspire to these days.) :p

To me, cruise control and the tonneau cover were the 2 most desirable features in the standard model that the base model doesn't have.

But I'm curious ... how did you get cruise control if you have the base model? I thought that was impossible.

5. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If it's really on the tan side and not the gray side, it should match.

What I worry about with some of the eBay vendors is that I've seen some post a picture of what is supposed to be a "tan" tonneau cover -- but it sure looks gray to me.

For instance, here's the photo of what the vendor describes as a "silver/tan" tonneau cover:

[​IMG]

6. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

On the sticker, cruise control is listed as a "Distributor Installed Option" for $250. I just have a cruise control stalk on the steering wheel. As little as I've used it, I'm still glad I have it.

1 person likes this.
  7. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

The Prius on ebay with the cover I bought had tan-colored interior in the picture, although the interior looked darker than mine -- like they had seat covers installed. That's why I wondered if tan was the same as bisque.