1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tony's Movie Quotes Game

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by TonyPSchaefer, Feb 14, 2011.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The Movies! Game thread (http://priuschat.com/forums/freds-house-pancakes/89973-movies-game.html) reminded me that I created a game for a family vacation a few years ago. My wife and I are minor movie buffs and we decided to make a game that would give people something to do on our vacation. I've attached a PDF version of the game. It was all done for fun and that's represented in the rules.

I've provided this game to many people over the years and no one has yet been able to get all the quotes though as a community it will most likely go pretty quick. I have a friend who has been working on it for almost two years. So far, she has resisted the urge to look up the quotes online. Rather, she speculates the movie and then watches the movie to see if she's correct. In the end, she says, I'm responsible for her watching more movies.

There's a very good chance that others will post answers. If you do not wish to see the answers, you should not read the replies in this thread.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is the prize money still available? :D

3. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm going to go with "no".

4. airportkid

airportkid Will Fly For Food

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    #14 & #53 are the same quote (the year's the same too). Obviously a line so good two screenwriters used it in two movies. So, what if we get the movies switched accidentally: put down the 2nd movie for the 1st quote & the 1st movie for the 2nd quote; would we still get credit? Further complicating this issue is the fact that the two movies might have the same title. How would we know that we got them in the right order: that we've put down the 1st movie for the 1st quote and the 2nd movie for the 2nd quote? Is there an independent judging panel?

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to learn this list and maybe I'll catch more of Tony's obscure references on What Drives Us. :p

6. TonyPSchaefer

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That was one of the funniest remarks we got. We were laughing when we came up with the idea of putting it on the list twice. Of course, once they remembered the movie, they laughed also.

Yes, it's the same line from the same movie.