1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Too many reds, not enough greens at local dealer

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Nice Prius, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Nice Prius

Nice Prius Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello
    Never thought I would want a Prius, but now it's the only car I want. Looking at a 2017 Three. It was going to be a Two, but with the small price difference it was an easy call. (Assuming no extra options/packages on either one).
    I like the white pearl over black, but the rest of the household likes the sea glass pearl over moonstone.
    So I go to the local dealer website to see what they have on the lot: Over 150 Prius, but only 2 Sea Glass!
    Way too many reds and blacks. Here's a pic of their current color selection for you to see. I won't mention the dealer name, but it wouldn't be difficult to figure out.
    Anyway, just wanted to provide some info on my first post, after gaining so much knowledge from this forum.
    Peace Colors.JPG

2. RCO

RCO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Does that mean they ordered too many reds and blacks, or that those two colors are not selling well I wonder?

#2 RCO, Aug 4, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
    JimboPalmer likes this.
  3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    While they might complain and do a little dance because they REALLY want to sell what they have on the lot..........dealers WILL search for the exact car you want nearby and bring it to you.......IF they know that you are ready to buy and will go searching on your own if they don't do it for you. Tell them that bluntly.

I didn't buy any of my last 3 Toyotas from the local dealer because they would NOT STOP trying to sell me something I didn't want from the lot. In two out of the 3 cases, a dealer in another town didn't have it either but did not blink when asked to find one........and they did.

RCO likes this.
  4. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    You should realize that when driving a red car it really does seem like your going at least twice as fast, if not faster, as the other cars...just say'n...

William Redoubt, RCO and Raytheeagle like this.
  5. 05PreeUs

05PreeUs Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Automotive dealers don't order all the vehicles on their lots, the factory builds what they *think* they can sell then ships them. The more of these vehicles a dealer sells, the more the factory will do for them in return.

RCO likes this.