1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

took delivery on 2nd 4th gen: silver 2022 nightshade awd

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by MylesPg, Feb 27, 2022.

1. MylesPg

MylesPg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My 2018 FWD is becoming a hand-me down auto for my 20 yo daughter after I purchased a 2022 nightshade awd. Plan is for it in turn go to my 18 yo daughter after college if she wants it. We also have a 2004 Sienna with 167k that is hanging around (funny that both daughters road around in child seats and now can drive it).

I wanted a 2022 FWD LE prius, but hard to come by in PNW I have found - seems most (all?) dealer allocations are AWD version.

Had wanted to wait longer before getting new car but 20 yo taking a gap year (or two?) from college and grew tired of juggling 2 cars among 3 drivers.

Anyway - I have only put about 20 miles on the 2022, but my 18 yo has 100+ on it (I work from home 4 of 5 day, but have a 80 miles round trip commute on the one day). Like the heated softex seats and the heated steering wheel is rather nice. Rest of it feels very much like the 2018. Carplay is new to me and is leading me to an phone upgrade as my 2014 iPhone 6 is topped out at iOS 12.x leaving behind some of the Carplay features of iOS 15.x.

Still would have preferred a FWD (for lower cost, better mpg) over AWD as I think any ice/snow conditions in my hilly Seattle would have me just stay home anyway. But the Nightshade is equipped closer to an XLE so I that is nice (my 2004 Sienna is an XLE).

I am guessing in 4 years when/if this is passed on to my younger daughter I be looking for an EV.

- Myles

bisco likes this.
  2. CooCooCaChoo

CooCooCaChoo Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I do not know man, this close to the next generation Prius? I'm waiting for it to come out before I trade in my 17 Two Eco.

Nice ride though!

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

was it tough finding availability?

4. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I’ve been hoping for a FWD XLE. Dealers in CT and RI are telling me it could take as long a year and probably extra cost to locate. : } I can possibly wait until 2023 but I typically hate the look of the new generation until it’s been around for a few years. : ) I’ll be kicking myself when I see 2023’s mpg but I also don’t have a place to plug in an EV due to apartment living.

I only need AWD a few times a year.

5. MylesPg

MylesPg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks - my hand was somewhat forced we grew increasingly tired of juggling 2 cars amongst 3 drivers.

6. MylesPg

MylesPg Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    No prius on the lots that I searched - all pre-purchased (deposit down) from inbound allocations. I got an allocation and it was inbound and delivered in 5 weeks. Now, if I had been picky about color or trim it would have likely been longer. Also first time I have ever paid MSRP, but plenty of dealships add 'additional dealer markup' of 1000 - 2500, oh well.

bisco likes this.