1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Took me a week to get comfortable

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bredekamp, May 10, 2007.

1. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Hi all,

I'm 1.8m tall, of large build. It took me a week of tweaking seat settings before I was comfortable. I have the european spec Prius with the height adjsutable seats. No matter what I did, I kept getting lower back pain.

The final solution seemed to be:
    - Make the seat higher
    - Make the backrest more upright

I found I could get comfortable easier in my BMWs....

2. MegansPrius

MegansPrius GoogleMeister, AKA bongokitty

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Albertus @ May 10 2007, 11:29 AM) [snapback]439161[/snapback]</div>
    Just asking cause I don't know and don't have the manual in front of me: How do you make the seat higher in the Prius?

3. MikeDS

MikeDS Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    He's in a Euro Prius, which has seat height adjustment. US buyers get shafter here...can we import the seats?!?!

4. Devil's Advocate

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I am about the ssame size, maybe, six feet 260 lbs (1.82 M and 117.93 Kilos) and find the seats not the best. A common complaint from what I understand.

I set the seat waaaaaaaaay back, kinda at a low rider position (not really that extreme) becasue I have longer arms it isn't a stretch to the wheel. I find this helps take the strain off the lower back.

I have also set the seat very verticle (usually when tired) this also helps reduce the lower back pain.

the only real fix I think is to have the seat recovered and lumbar support added.

5. bredekamp

bredekamp Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MikeDS @ May 10 2007, 06:50 PM) [snapback]439196[/snapback]</div>
    I'm sure you can import them. Why not? Also, I noticed only the driver seat has height adjustment in my car. Surely Toyota could've added this to the US spec Prius. It would've added like what...$50 to the price of the car? It's just a pump action lever...might be hydrolic. Press down to lift, lift up to lower. Look at the picture. The lever is indicated...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devil's Advocate @ May 10 2007, 07:09 PM) [snapback]439218[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah. I noticed putting the backrest more vertical helps. I used to have the backrest much lower in my BMWs. Would've been nice if Toyota added a "comfort seats" option to the Prius. All electric adjustment with lumbar support. Could be a nice addition to the touring version.

Seat at highest:
    [attachmentid=7947]

Seat at lowest:
    [attachmentid=7948]

Attached Files: