1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

took my car in for service and someone hit it

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by Radon, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So my check engine light comes on and I call to get the car in to get it fixed( just a charcoal canister for emissions). They call me at 4 to pick it up I get a ride over sign the paper get the car and drive up to the store. My friend at the store says hey who hit your car I'm like Wth! There's a solid hit on my drivers side rear quarter panel through the paint into the metal.

I get back into the car and start driving back down to the dealer trying to dial my phone(apparently my brain spazing over the scratch was preventing me from figguring out how to get to my contacts). I call in and the service department is all :eek:h its almost 5 we'll see you tommoro" and I'm "forget that %^$# I'm 4 blocks from you your looking at this now.

The service manager was decent and I had to keep repeating to myself that its just a thing no need to freak out. Of course 750km and my first payment hasn't gone out and now they are removing and repainting the rear bumper and drivers side quarter panel.

Upside is they fixed the reverse beep when they did the warrenty work:confused:

2. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine has new scratches on a new paint job from the dealer washing it. They use big stiff brushes on poles, and a bucket of mud to 'wash' the cars as a 'courtesy' to their customers, even the ones who tell them specifically not to wash their car, because they scratched it the last time. I'm not going there again. You make a decent car, Toyota, but some of your dealers are trying to convince me to buy a Honda.

My wife took the car to a local tire shop this week to have a flat repaired. They jacked it up in the wrong place and bent the sheetmetal just behind the front wheel. I will be going there again, but only long enough to complain.

3. blueumbrella

blueumbrella Member of Prius Regeneration

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ouch!! Sorry about your car. I would have responded the same way. I always do a walk around when I pick it up, because I have found scratches and nicks after getting home with my Passat. I am dreading my first injury.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Ouch, that sucks.

Hyo, I do agree. The cars are fantastic but the dealerships are ... well i have no words. Put it this way, when i had my smart, it was cleaned (inside and out) every time I picked it up with a thank you card and a signature of the technician that serviced my car and when I took it in for repair, I got a B-Class loaner, no questions asked.

For our Prius, we had to twist an arm to get a courtesy car because they're "all given out and we have none left". Well, do you expect me to be carless for 10 days b/c you fried the Prius' ECU? Of course when we got one, it hadn't been cleaned out cause ther was a 2L pepsi bottle under the front seat and newspaper all over the back seat. It was also a base 3-dr Yaris with an automatic (no A/C, no other options either). My warranty supplement manual has never been filled in by the dealer after servicing while MB stamped my smart's warranty booklet and filled in the details and signed it.

5. Radon

Radon New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    MB Vancouver only gives loaners if you have MB. Smart owners get a ride home in the shuttle.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Weird. I got a B200 loaner when it was in for repair. This was MB Richmond.