1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Took possession of our new 2006 Prius Pine Mica yesterday.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by burritos, Apr 29, 2006.

1. burritos

burritos Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    No frills package one. Love it. Love it. Love it. I also appreciate the latch system for my newborn's car seat. It's actually my wife's push gift and she loves it too.

2. joy

joy New Member

congratulations! I am getting the silver pine mica as well and am patiently waiting it' s delayed arrival. Will be getting it in the next 4 days i'd guess maximum wait. Have been waiting almost 3 month's. I know it's coming for sure because my dealer is giving me a rent a car on Monday (very cool) since they told me Monday it would be in and no car so far. Very excited for you, I will be feeling your entusiasm soon!

Joy

3. samkusnetz

samkusnetz New Member

yay, new prius! have fun!

4. EuroPascual

EuroPascual New Member

Got mine a week ago here in CA. Strange that the dealer had 2 on the lot when in Los Angeles I heard people are waiting 6mo! Wasn't in the market for one initially....saw it Fri bought it Sun. I feel bad that so many people wait as long as they do...!

Trying to figure out what's current on this site and what isn't. Any thoughts? So many posts are years old...

5. Potential Buyer

Potential Buyer New Member

Please post pictures! There don't seem to be many of this color.

6. Ed Vatza

Ed Vatza New Member

Congrats and enjoy. We picked up our silver pine mica a week ago after ordering on Feb 15. Love the car. Love the color. Very sharp. :)

Again enjoy.

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Potential Buyer @ Apr 29 2006, 03:27 AM) [snapback]247117[/snapback]</div>

You just had to ask.

[attachmentid=3159]
    [attachmentid=3160]
    [attachmentid=3161]
    [attachmentid=3162]
    [attachmentid=3163]
    [attachmentid=3164]
    [attachmentid=3165]
    [attachmentid=3166]
    [attachmentid=3167]
    [attachmentid=3168]

8. gnagel

gnagel New Member

I've had my Silver Pine Mica Prius for about three weeks now.

I ordered the car "blind." When it came, I was very happy with the color! Overall, the Prius has far exceeded my expectations. And, I'm pleased to report that my new car achieved 55 mpg on its first tank!

9. mdh

mdh New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EuroPascual @ Apr 29 2006, 12:20 AM) [snapback]247115[/snapback]</div>
    i am wondering if there is really a shortage.. my dealer in the bay area claims there is a 200 person waiting list... i walked in one day and bought a package 7 the other... slightly below msrp.

10. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Apr 29 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]247142[/snapback]</div>
    Looks nice- especially with the wheel trim rings removed. I think I'm going to take them off mine.

11. Subversive

Subversive New Member

I like the pinstriping....

12. Subversive

Subversive New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper @ Apr 29 2006, 08:14 AM) [snapback]247142[/snapback]</div>
    The more I think about it, the more I like that customer pinstriping of yours. I just picked up on Monday my new 2006 package #6 with Silver Pine Mica exterior and Dark Grey interior from Miller Toyota in Manassas, Virginia. Sadly, it's sitting in my driveway in Massachusetts right now, because Miller Toyota did not have the Certificate of Origin prepared when I came down to pick up the vehicle, and they say it is likely to be another week or two. Furthermore, they put temporary plates on the car and I just found out today from my insurance company that Massachusetts doesn't recognize temporary plates and if I drive the car it might be impounded by police as unregistered.

Anyhow, how can I go about getting some pinstriping just like that? Should I be able to take the pictures you've posted in and have the design a something similar from scratch, or is it a commercially available pattern that you are using? Should I be able to find a good tint shop (I want some quality tinting too) that can also apply the side mouldings and also design and apply some pinstriping (and maybe the mudflaps and the door edge tape)? I'm in Western Massachusetts, near Palmer and Springfield, but I could travel to Greenfield or Greater Boston or Northern Connecticut for the right shop, if anyone has any suggestions...

Btw, 500 miles in (drive back from Virginia) and on the second tank (filled for convenience), I'm getting about 42MPG so far. I am assuming that this will get a lot better. And that is highway driving with two people who combined probably weight 700 pounds. I also know I need to check the tire pressure and the oil level, to maximize for MPG.

13. markymags

markymags Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congrats Burrito. I too just got my Prius last week Thursday - the 4th of May. I was waiting for a dealer nearby to get their allocation and to tell me if they had one coming in my color and package when I decided to call up some other dealers a little further out of my area. I came across a Toyota dealership that was going on a first come/first serve basis. The salesperson told me that they had a package 7 in a blue. Although I was skeptical to get the blue color - I initially thought it was too light - I ended up liking the blue color - it was not the light blue I was thinking it was going to be. The dealership was great, finance was great, and so far, my Prius is great. I'm actually without it today as I am getting some interior/exterior cleaning thing done to it and lojack installed... I'm going to rush out of here after work and pick it back up so I can enjoy driving around in my fuel efficient and clean air vehicle =).