1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Tookie" Williams, Thumbs Up or Down?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by GreenMachine, Dec 8, 2005.

1. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What do you think? Is Tookie reformed?

I think he is probably reformed, but I don't think Schwartzeneggar will commute the sentence. Arnie has been in to many "macho" movies.

But then, I'm not from California, so what do I know?

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    His supporters say he as reformed his life:
    He was also convicted of murdering four people . . . he reformed their lives . . . and their loved ones'. He still doesn’t admit responsibility for the murders.

He writes children’s books:
    Who know what great deeds those he murdered may have done.

He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize:
    So was Adolph Hitler. Tookie was nominated by ultra-liberal San Francisco professors . . . who just so happen to be anti-death penalty. Go figure.

He is an anti-gang crusader:
    One who refuses to divulge information against the Crips gang in which he was a co-founder.

Politically Arnold has more to lose than gain by saving him.

4. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    "Write-in" poll, eh?

Arnold can't win this one, even if only 10% of Ca-lee-fornyuns wanna see Tookie spared.

Load up the syringe. Let's move on to some real problems.

5. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

As a native of Los Angeles. I had lived in a Crips neighborhood and I believe "Tookie" should be executed, because he created the Crips. Thousands and thousands of innocent people and gangters have been killed by the various Crips clicks in L.A. and thousands of people this very moment, live in a life of fear because of the Crips, Bloods, 18th Street, MS 13 and other gangs in L.A.

Too bad, power defense attorney Johnny Cochran passed away earlier this year.
    I think he could of have saved "Tookie" from the needle.

6. jfschultz

jfschultz Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If the needle fits you must inject!

7. olcorral

olcorral New Member

I'm not for the death penalty per se BUT...

Stanley is the poster child for it.

HE was found guity by a jury of his piers and was sentenced appropriately according to the laws of CA.

He may see the light now but it is a little too late to save those he savagedly murdered.

Please don't call him Tookie. That name sounds like a children's nickname.

Thanks for the forum.

olcorral.

8. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

On top of that, I read somewhere that his prison bank account is unusually "high"... Hmmm... profits from his kids books, or gangbangers "paying" respect?

IMO, just because you write children's books, does not suddenly excuse you, to any degree, from killing 4 people. If they let him live, then what, all death row inmates start writing children's books?

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Oddly, I agree.

I don't think anything good comes of it, other than pure vengence for the victim's families, friends, etc. Often times, it seems as if it's the "easy" way out. Michael Ross in CT, a serial killer who killed a few girls in the early 80's, wanted to be executed. I'm all for hard, useful, labor, but unfortunately (depending upon how you look at it), there's that "cruel and unusual" thingy...

10. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

He's a killer. There is no way ANYONE could ever reform themselves enough to make up for that.

11. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    is there any point to it after 24 years?

12. guru_del

guru_del New Member

give him the needle, bill the family and stop wasting my tax dollars on death row inmates upkeep.

13. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

14. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't know that it really matters. Guess it makes some people feel like they got more revenge by killing him, but the cost difference, at this point, is negligible. Clearly the death penalty isn't a deterant.

Couldn't care less if they kill him or commute the sentence so long as he doesn't walk the streets again.

15. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I agree! Let him face the same punishment his murder victims faced.

16. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

The majority of the posts here support the execution of Tookie Williams.

Since Tookie is from Southern California, I noticed every post from the Southern California area wants Tookie executed. I wonder why! because people who live in the Los Angeles metropolitan area don't like drive by shootings, extortion, murder, robberies, car jackings and etc.

Maybe you people who are against the death penalty can move out here in Los Angeles and pay our taxes to support the upkeep if Tookie and also protect us against car jackings and drive by shootings.

17. Panther87

Panther87 Junior Member

I myself don't think the death penalty does any good. It does not deter anyone from killing. I seem to recall that the cost to put someone to death most of the time costs much more than life. Who you think pays the legal bills for the appeals? Also there is the occasionaly miscarriage of justice of the wrongly convicted. Just a day or 2 ago a man was released from prison after 24years when new dna tests proved he was innocent. This is of coarse just my opinion.

18. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

The subject here is about Tookie Williams, not the entire death penalty system in the United States.
    The cost of executing Tookie Williams will be far less expensive than every single court case that has been associated with Tookie's Crips organization over the years. I'd like you come to South Central LA and talk to the people who had their relative or friend murderd by Tookie's Crips. It's easy for you to be against killing Tookie, you live in South Dakota! far away from inner city crime.

19. GreenMachine

GreenMachine New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

The only opinion that matters at this point is that of the Governor. I'm betting he will agree with our SoCal members' opinion.

20. Panther87

Panther87 Junior Member

It is true that South Dakota does not have the level of inner city crime, but that has nothing to do with this. I was simply stating my opinion that having Williams put to sleep won't change anything. The gangs will continue without him. The costs of the other crimes you mentioned won't change. I don't think that if or when he dies, the gang crimerate will drop. I do feel for people that have to live in the areas of high crime.