1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Tools for hybrids?

Discussion in 'Ford/Lincoln Hybrids and EVs' started by acdii, Dec 20, 2012.

1. acdii

acdii Active Member

What are some of the scan tools that will work for the Fords? Is there one that can go between different years, like the 2010 and 2013 Fusions? I think with how my new one is acting, it would be beneficial to have one to see just what the heck it is doing.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Try using the Torque app on your tablet or phone via a blutooth OBDII reader...

3. acdii

acdii Active Member

Does it do logging to a PC? Would be nice to be able to log the data from daily driving. The Scan Gauge E appears to be something useful, but couldnt find if it can download the data.

4. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I haven't set mine up yet but I suspect it probably has some type of save functions, or maybe just holds the data in place after the car is turned off... I'm not sure yet, but if you find out let me know...

5. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  6. acdii

acdii Active Member

With the recent finding of fouled plugs, is there a scanner that I can use and what would I monitor with it to determine what may be wrong?

7. PriusCamper

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    fouled plugs are going to make themselves known via low MPG... ScanTool or Torque app will give lots more details about how your car runs... Best to learn as much as possible, which makes troubleshooting easier!

acdii likes this.
  8. acdii

acdii Active Member

You know that, I know that, so why doesnt Ford know that? Quite a few people are scratching their heads over this one.