1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

"Top Gear" - this TV performance won't please Florida

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Oxo, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Oxo

Oxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The latest "Top Gear" was shown on BBC 2 last night. The trio of petrolheads decide to explore the question of whether it's cheaper to hire or buy a car when holidaying in the USA. They go to Miami and eventually manage to find three old cars in doubtful condition and from questionable sellers - each for less that $1000.
    They then drive these three cars to New Orleans and have several unpleasant adventures on the way caused by breakdowns but also by painting provocative anti-religious and leftish political slogans on the cars when in Alabama.
    On arrival in New Orleans they are astonished at the large amount of dereliction which still remains after Katrina's devastation. At the beginning they had thought they would get some of their $3000 back by selling the cars at the end of the trip but now they see so many people stricken by poverty that they decide to give the cars away in New Orleans, which they do.
    Their final verdict: best not to go to the USA on holiday at all.

My verdict - all a bit nuts and somewhat tasteless but I still watched it!

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    LOL.

I'm still d/ling that episode. Can't wait to watch it!