1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Top Gen II

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by bwilson4web, Jul 31, 2013.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Following F8L's example, here is the Generation II, top mileage and "x00" club sheet. The rules are simple:

For now, I'm making individual, per-model sheets for each vehicle forum. We'll then collect from all of the sheets to make a 'trophy room' sheet. <grins>

Bob Wilson

* - I've cut out the battery SOC requirement for now.

2. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus

I'm trying to go through the thread "I beat the epa post em here" thread. One sad thing, I have to see a photo, not just the text. Feel free to let me know if there are any corrections I might have missed.

Also, we don't have any 'average speed' numbers for either the NHW20 nor my NHW11. Near as I can tell, these cars do not record average mph. So I've set all the NHW20 to 23 mph. I have no problem with the original posters offering their memory of the speed . . . OK within reason. No "100 mph" guesses. <GRINS>

I had to do the same with my NHW11 and thought I was running around 30 mph. However, I have Garmin nuvi that can record average speed. If I do another marathon tank, I'll have the Garmin running in parallel to give both GPS distance as well as average speed . . . and even the trip record. <grins>

Bob Wilson

3. bwilson4web

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    One problem with the Gen II and Gen I is their trip meters do not report the "average mph." Mapping all Gen II mph into a singe 23 mph really didn't work. So we're trying approach:

A) Default mph - we are using my 'gray line' chart as a default mph. We select the next lower speed, offset by 0.5 mph as a default speed. This at least has a basis of estimate similar to what a Gen I can achieve. If someone can volunteer a credible Gen II 'mph vs MPG' chart, I'll be happy to adopt that one. But for now, my Gen I chart is the closest I know of.

B) Ask the owner - I'll send a question to the owner who reported their original MPG. If they provide another value, take their report . . . within reason. If someone claims they got 99 MPG at 100 mph or significantly higher than the Gen I chart, I would need some 'basis of estimate.'

So with this new approach, here is how the 'trophy' chart looks:

Bob Wilson

4. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I haven't visited this sub-forum for a long time. Looks like a good thread. :)