1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

topic deleted?

Discussion in 'PriusChat Website Questions' started by betshsu, Oct 18, 2004.

1. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    So on two different occasions, I received an email that someone replied to a topic I was subscribed to. When I click on the link, it says the topic has been deleted (or something to that effect). If I look for the thread manually, I can find it, but no one has replied to it. Is this a bug? Or am I getting notifcation because the topic has been removed? Who can remove topics anyhow?

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    moderators and Danny can delete topics, but it is very rarely (?ever) done. We do, sometimes, move them to appropriate areas or split threads that have gotten off topic.

I think it must be a bug you're experiencing.

3. tag

tag Senior Member

I agree with Evan; it's probably a bug and only mods/admins can delete topics as well as posts made by any member.

However, members can delete their own posts. So, it's entirely possible for a member to reply to your post and subsequently delete that reply. Hence, an e-mail would be generated but, since the reply had already been deleted, the reply would not appear on the board.

.......or something along those lines.......

4. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Exactly. For the sake of Free Speech, no topic is deleted here - sometimes the content is changed (with a note indicating why) by a moderator or myself, but that is mainly for advertisements or personal attacks.