1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Total Miles

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by PriusJay, Dec 26, 2006.

1. PriusJay

PriusJay New Member

I'm a newbie owner, one month old. I like to know the model year and total miles driven and if there has been any unusual maintenance issues.

Thanks!

2. daveleeprius

daveleeprius Heh heh heh you think so?

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusJay @ Dec 26 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]366776[/snapback]</div>
    2007 Base, bought new in October. 1500 miles, no issues. My wife is Japanese and very petite. When she rides in the passenger seat with me driving (it's her car but I *love* driving it) sometimes the airbag will say 'off' and the only way I can get it to turn on is to have her step out of the car, close the door, open it, get back in and put her seatbelt on again. Usually works. Sometimes the airbag will say on when we start out, then turn off, then back on again. Weird.

Dave

3. jamarimutt

jamarimutt New Member

2004 base; 54,000 miles. One of the stock tires developed muiltiple leaks at 36,000 miles. ABS system malfunctioned at 46,000 miles. MFD malfunctioned at 50,000 miles. Nervously wondering what's next.

4. sbradyny

sbradyny New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PriusJay @ Dec 26 2006, 02:06 PM) [snapback]366776[/snapback]</div>
    Hello,
    I have a 2005 base model. No problems at all except when the Toyota mechanic performed a "fuel injector cleaning," he didn't snap the fuel line connection all the way, and so it came apart (the connection) when I was on the Freeway, left lane, 70 m.ph.!!!!! It was not very fun. Waited 2 hours for a tow truck, Toyota calls me to tell me it was the mechanics fault. They re-imbursed me for the tow. I have 38,000 miles now. Love the car!!!

:)

5. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaveLeePrius @ Dec 26 2006, 11:24 AM) [snapback]366784[/snapback]</div>
    You naturally should have the dealer check that out. You certainly want the airbag functional when she's in the passenger seat. It's probably a maladjusted switch.

6. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    2004. There've been a few recalls, mostly about the early computer software. But no problems at all. Couldn't tell you the current mileage, but I don't drive a lot.

7. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    2005 with 54800+ miles. No issues yet, although my cruise control has started to act funny. I will be mentioning it when I get my oil changed this week.

8. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    18800 miles after a little over 1 year. I had the recall work done on the steering shaft assembly (no symptoms in my car). The recall is described here (shouldn't affect your car):

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=2...=steering+shaft

I've had three small cosmetic issues fixed under warranty:

1) A warped dash display, probably from the heat, described here:

http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=19434&hl=

2) The cowling under the driver's side windshield wiper arm came loose; repaired.

3) The inside cover of the driver's side "A" pillar came loose; replaced. I can't conclusively call this a defect. I'm 6"4" and sometimes slide my shoulder against the pillar as I enter or exit the car. I suspect I knocked it loose during one of these "sliding" events. It was replaced, again, under warranty anyway.

9. seasalsa

seasalsa Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    2004 base model, 48,000 miles and except for three recalls it has never been in the shop. New set of OEM Integritys at 36,000.

10. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    05 pkg 5, 22500 miles, had the steering recall done and some parts replaced inside the door to fix a rattle and i think that's it. oh yes and the rear alignment adjusted with a shim. nothing major at all.

my husband fixes them for a living at a busy shop for prius and doesn't see much in the way of notable problems.

11. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    2005, 40,000kms, 2 years and 2 months old.

Regular maintenance and recalls performed except for the following

at delivery: rear bumper was not clipped properly, rear left mudguard not installed properly

some time during the last two years: lower glovebox button paint peeled, rear left mudguard came loose, various issues when the mechanic didn't replace the parts properly after performing the recall.

12. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    06 package #7 bought in mid January 06. ~13K miles so far and I've had no probs other than a few rattles.

13. ambrothe

ambrothe Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I just went over 50k yesterday and the only time my Prius has been in the shop was for the steering recall...never any problems at all yet.

14. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    total of 33,000 miles on two different Priuses, no issues. on my 2004 without SKS, had an issue where the Prius stopped responding to the fob occasionally. took it to dealer, they selected another set of codes and that was that. took about 25 minutes.

15. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    2004 with 72100 miles, and a 2002 with 47000 ish miles. The dash warping post may be mine (if not, I did report it a while back). Also had some tail-lens warping which they fixed w/ a revised part. Other than the various service campaigns, and the PSD fluid change at 60k miles (it looked nasty), and now on a 3rd set of tires, nothing major has gone "wrong". MPG ranges from 45-55 per display depending on tires and time of year.

16. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Welcome. My ABS actuator and resistor was replaced at 6092 miles. Although some of us have had problems others run trouble free. There are taxi fleets in Canada that haven't had significant problems. My advice is to relax and enjoy the car in the slow lane for better mpg.

17. PriusJay

PriusJay New Member

Thanks to all for responding. This forum is excellent for information and the disemination of it.

18. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Oh yeah, I had the steering recall done. It went smoothly, so I kind of forgot about it.

19. tomdeimos

tomdeimos New Member

2005 Prius from Dec 2004. 25000 miles plus now.

Problems I've had were:

1 Had to buy low ramps for the car to change the oil, and a new oil filter wrench that fits.

2 Had to go to dealer twice over these 2 years, for recalls, both fixed before I saw a problem.
    Code update for stalling and the steering shaft fix to strengthen it.

3 Had terrible warning lights on brakes once. Restart made it go away and it has not recurred. I think it was caused by static. This was back in the first winter.

4 Had to learn how to warm the engine for winters with radiator blocking. First year I got under 40 mpg some tanks. Now I can stay near 50 in worst of winter. Got Canview to monitor temps.

5 Not a problem as I get them for every car I get, but I made sure to get my 4 snow tires on extra fast, soon as I got the car from dealer to home. The anti spin does make them more necessary.

6 Frustrated by the lack of audio compatable accessories for the car. I did upgrade the speakers to make the radio tolerable. Added the Dice unit that hangs up.

7 The low ground clearance and rear visibility have taken some getting used to.

20. anj48

anj48 New Member

34K mi on my 2005 pkg 6 - steering shaft recall and scheduled maintenance only - runs great on rugged SW PA roads - love the car.

Oh yes - I should mention tires replaced at 30k.