1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

total miles

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by terriblehondo, Mar 25, 2008.

1. terriblehondo

terriblehondo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    My wife has a 2006 prius she has put 25000 miles on it and loves it averaging 56 mpg. My question is what kind of life expectancy can we expect from the car? Thanks for any help

2. uvm1969

uvm1969 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    One fellow, named Jessie, I believe, had 349,500 miles on his 2002, when someone ran into him and totaled the car. He said it was running well at the time. If you go to the 100,000 mile club thread, you will see his info.

It will run for a very, very long time.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    There is a fleet of Prius taxis in Vancouver, B.C., which are getting up to about 250K miles on them, I've heard.

Since the HSD power train has a 100K (at least) factory warranty on it, I think you can pretty much assume that, with normal maintenance (check the Passport on that), your Prius will last a very........long..........time.

I'm planning on getting at least 500K miles on mine. I'm just sayin' :D

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Welcome to PriusChat, terriblehondo! You and your wife can love your Prius for a long long time. I don't know of any that have worn out. I heard of one guy with the earlier model that was facing battery replacement well after the warranty expired, so he decided to get an even more economical car, a new Prius.