1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Totaled 07 Touring. What prius model would be the next best fit?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Hunterea15, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Hunterea15

Hunterea15 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    My 07' Touring was totaled in a chain reaction accident. I was the middle car between two SUV's. It was at 147K miles with normal wear and tear. I loved this car.

What should I expect the insurance to value the car at? Also what Prius, in your opinion, would be a good fit? I'm looking for something no more than 12K.

**Also if this is the wrong place to post please direct me to the proper place to ask this question**

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    sorry to hear it!:( hope you are okay.
    i would look for an '09 with average mileage, full records, no major accidents, as few owners as possible.
    you should get paid consistent with what it would cost to replace it in your area.

all the best!(y)

WilDavis likes this.
  3. Hunterea15

Hunterea15 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Thank you for the concern, I am fire cept for a few cuts and bruises. My heart hurts the most-that was my first ever car that I got on my own. It was tiny, agile and amazing on gas. If I could find a Touring with a reasonable price take and mileage I'd snag it in a heartbeat. It had the Package#5 bells and whistles so I'm hoping that will help the pricing from the insurance company. I will look into an 09' for sure!

bisco likes this.
  4. golfmk681

golfmk681 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why not a 2011? If your spending more than 6k I know you can find a good deal on 2011 model around 6-10k

5. padroo

padroo Senior Member

Chesterton, Indiana Another third world country.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Buy one new enough that it still has some warranty on the battery, no need to get stuck with someone else's problems

6. prius_deep

prius_deep Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    maybe look @ leeds auto sales. facebook - damian smith. 2009 158469 $6100. HOWEVER as always check any used car out real good!! if you see or hear anything you don't like never buy, there are always more, they keep getting more.

just saying always be careful, and each gen has it's issues; gen 2 - bladder, gen 3- oil cautgh can, etc.

bisco likes this.
  7. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Glad you're OK.

$12,000 should get you into a 2012 at least, maybe even a 2014 depending on miles and trim level.

8. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I would get down to the dealership and go sit in a used Gen-3 and a new Gen-4 (although that would be unlikely, sometimes the heart wants what the wallet doesn't). You are very familiar with a Gen-2, the touring/non-touring are really not that different. But the Gen-3 vs. Gen-2 is a pretty big difference.

Personally, I have a Gen-2 Prius and a Prius C from the Prius family. I've rented lots of Gen-3 Prii and now a couple of Gen-4's. I don't care for either. I don't like the interior, don't like some of the tech choices, don't like some of the arrangements. I just don't like it as much as my Gen-2. It would be wasteful to spend $12k on a car you dislike to replace one you did like. That's a recipe for spending money twice on what you really want because you'll hate the car everytime you drive it.

That's why there are no Gen-3 or Gen-4 Prii in my stable, I had to jump ship from Toyota to get a BEV and am sticking with the newer Lexus badged hybrids until Toyota changes the Prius which is unlikely. It appears that's what the masses want.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  9. Hunterea15

Hunterea15 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Well guys...I got myself a 2015 Prius C 2 with 47K miles on it. In tangerine orange...ran into a snag though. Was told it had a backup camera (one of my deal breakers) when we first looked at it and I stupidly did not put the car in reverse in the test drive. Signed all the paperwork did the exhausting song and dance and ta da keys! Went out to the car to drive away and when I put it into reverse no backup camera. Pissed I went back inside and the salesman and his manager acted like I was no longer super important (like they did five minutes prior) and said they couldn't do anything and 'what do you want me to do' and I became a not nice person and flicked my keys back at them "I dont want your ugly smart car and apparently no one did either" as it had been sitting on the lot for a while.

Long story short I am getting a back up camera installed next week on the dealers dime and I'm pretty happy. Disappointed on how I gave some serious attitude but it is what it is. So yea!

bisco likes this.
  10. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    well played! i have never met a sales weasel who gave me the time of day after the sale. i'm sure there must be one somewhere though.(n)

golfmk681 likes this.
  11. golfmk681

golfmk681 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Man I don't blame you. There's a reason why scam artist and narcissist end up working as car sales men. I've paid cash my last two cars via private party, but I dread buying my next car which will likely come from the dealership.

12. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Well darn - appears I was late in seeing your post.

I'd have sold you my 2016 in Tangerine Orange C 2 with 22k miles. Been wanting out of this car for some time now. No backup camera though! But I'd have tossed you a couple hundred bucks to get it done. I think they run about $120 or so.

Enjoy the car, I know I do. Also, give it a good hand wax on occasion. I've seen a couple other "orange" cars here in my own hometown and they look kinda dull. But a handwax really makes the color stand out and obviously helps protect the paint.