1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Totalled

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by AndrewNY, Jan 4, 2013.

1. AndrewNY

AndrewNY New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    This is my first time here and my second Prius. The first one was a Prius 4 trim with everything added onto it. I literally put all of my money into this car and some guy with road rage takes it from me in a few seconds. I just had a question concerning the in console GPS system. The New Prius I got through insurance is a 3 trim. I really miss my screen and navigation set up from the more advanced one. Does anyone know what company makes these for Toyota, or if it is a Toyota product where I can order the larger screen and more integrated GPS? Thanks very much for any answers. Wish my first post could have been a more positive one, but unfortunately life throws a red van that's twice your size at your car sometimes. Thank you. - Andrew

JMD likes this.
  2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    IMHO, it would be cost prohibitive and not worth it to order all the parts for the OEM Toyota GPS of either model Three or Four.

3. AndrewNY

AndrewNY New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Do you know where I could find this so I could look at the price? What else would have to be purchased with it? Also an idea of the cost in general would be helpful. I'm hardly a car expert I cook for a living so this is all new to me. I just know I loved that set up and it worked perfectly with how much I travel.

4. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I would try ebay, or see if you can work with the insurance company to get that and only that installed.

5. NinnJinn

NinnJinn Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    From a quick search I just did, you are looking at around $1,000 plus labor which is probably another couple hundred dollars.

6. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I dont get these insurance companies. can you get ahold of the insurance company and tell them you need that system out of the car? I have heard of insurance companies allowing this due to the car being totalled that they will allow you to pull stuff out of the car that you need. you may have to get nasty with them to get your way.

7. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Was the accident your fault or his

8. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you want the screen and nav, then you need to buy the MFD and nav unit.

MFD is Part Number 86110B and costs $5260.69 + tax + install.
    The Navigation unit made by Denso goes under the left seat (driver in the US) is Part Number 86841 and costs $4244.13 + tax + install
    If you do not have the wiring harness, then that is Part Number 86842 and costs $60.70
    You will probably also need the mounting brackets for the Denso units which are PN 86274D and are just under $10 each, you need 2 of them.
    And of course the GPS antenna itself which is PN 86860C and runs about $411.70

[​IMG]

9. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    ^^^
    But those pics are from a Gen 2 Prius. OP has a 2012+ Prius model Three instead of his former Four (presuambly 2012+ as well).

10. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Indeed. I just assume everyone has a GenII :D

I will pull the Gen3 numbers.

EDIT:

I am not sure how it works on the GenIII. I don't see a separate GPS unit, just a separate navigation unit

[​IMG]

11. AndrewNY

AndrewNY New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    From what the guy at Toyota said it is more simple now than it has been before. As for fault, it was entirely his but the money from his insurance already went into buying the new prius. In the end if I have to live with it that's all there is. As for the price range over 10,000 for the gen 2 I just hope it isn't in that range.

12. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Bologne. see his fault. this is what gripes me. these insurance companies make billions every year. so you get nailed in the rear. your car totalled. Not your fault at all. They should buy you what you had. Get you a new car with the options you had. or allow you spend what you had total put into the car (lets say you spent on the papers $32000 on the original car. you should be allowed to get a used car, same model similar mileage and options, or get a new car but you cant go over that $32000. if not a new car then a used one, same model and close mileage and toyota would have to put those options on that you had installed on the other used car if they are not on it.) your the one at a loss here. you got hit. you didnt call the guy up and say"hey total my car for me". this greed sickens me. if the insurance company does not want to comply. than, i guess threaten them with legal action.

13. scotman27

scotman27 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    One
    I had AIG insurance about 8 yrs ago and a 2000 explorer sport. I was going on an on ramp and some guy stopped at the yield sign (he had yield) and as I came around pulled in front of me hard. i hit him right in between the passenger front and rear door. I had to threaten MY insurance company with a lawyer to get a rental car. because it was going to go over the 2 week allowance (because My insurance company wanted an aftermarket hood, fender, fiberglass filler strip, an bumper put on, and my body shop could not get any of the pieces to line up together) (my shop Harners does excellent work and they wont let a bad job leave their garage). and they did not want to do the legwork of getting his insurance to pay for it. And I had $400 worth of custom aftermarket headlights and signal up front that got destroyed. Once I threatened my insurance company with a lawyer, they called me back 20 mins later. new parts for my truck, new custom aftermarket lights to be ordered. and a rental for as long as I needed till i got the truck back. I dropped them a month after I got my truck back. DO NOT USE AIG insurance.