1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touble in River City

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by madams, Jan 9, 2006.

1. madams

madams New Member

Over the past two weeks I've had a problem with the bluetooth not hooking up with my V710 phone. I has worked flawlessly up until now. Has anyone had a simular problem? If so which was it the phone or the Prius? :blink:

2. pjm877

pjm877 Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I sometimes get connection failed with my Nokia.. I just reboot the phone and everything connects.

this is on a 2004 prius

3. n51222

n51222 Junior Member

>Has anyone had a simular problem? If so which was it the phone or the Prius?<

Probably the Prius. I'd fought that V710-Prius battle for more than a year, and finally solved it only by switching phones.

Lots of fingerpointing during the battle: customer service reps from my cell carrier (U.S. Cellular) said it must be the Prius; Motorola claimed it was obviously U.S. Cellular's fault; and Toyota, after spending a day checking out the Bluetooth system in the car from stem to stern, declared that the V710 isn't "approved" for the Prius.

I finally sat down and wrote a paper letter (yes. a PAPER letter, with a stamp and everything!) to the president of U.S. Cellular, and all of a sudden, reps from both U.S. Cellular and Motorola were falling all over themselves to help me with this problem.

Bottom line: my V710 just didn't work dependably with the Prius, and the only solution was to use another phone. The Nokia 6255i, just introduced by U.S. Cellular, did the trick. FWIW, once I got past the regular customer service reps, the U.S. Cellular people were just wonderful at helping me solve the problem. I can't say enough good things about them.

I haven't seen a large number of other postings from PriusChat members on the subject, so it may be that the V710-Prius failures are spotty. Hope my experience helps.

Kevin