1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch and go steering wheel plug not fitting.

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Saf, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Saf

Saf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,
    I have a 2011 Toyota Prius t4. It came with a standard CD player and also had steering controls for phone operation.
    I really wanted the touch screen version so I enquired and was told that if I buy a touch and go it would fit and control the interface using my steering wheel controls. I don't want to use the Nav.
    I went ahead and bought a genuine Toyota touch and go unit from another 2011 model.
    All fits apart from one plug which is different to my original. The touch version comes on and works fine apart from my steering controls and mic, so defeats the point.
    Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there an adaptor I need to purchase to fit the last plug?
    Many thanks

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Touch and go not plug and play? What led you to believe a hardware feature from another model would be plug-compatible?

3. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    You may have better luck in a Prius hatchback forum here, The v is, in the US, a station wagon (square-back) first available as a 2012 model.

4. Saf

Saf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks, I'll post it in the hatchback forum.