1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Touch screen contacts despairing on and off, and dial pad no show

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by scooter4n, Feb 2, 2013.

1. scooter4n

scooter4n Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have 2012 prius with touch screen display media center for the phone, not the navigation.
    I iphone linked to it.
    when you get in the car iphone connects right away, no problems here, the problem is this:
    if you have media center on phone mode, the contacts not always there, sometimes you see it, sometimes button is not highlighted and also when this happens dial pad goes away with contacts too. only thing I can push is speed dial. Phone works for speed dial, but thats it.
    this can happen few times during my driving, sometimes more sometimes less, but for some ironic reason always not there when I need to use it.
    I try to enable or disable auto contacts update, that didn't help.
    and I have my iphone updated, so I have new one now, and same problem, so its not the phone for sure

Anyone else with this problem?

2. MBRGuru

MBRGuru Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This isn't a "problem" per se if it's what I'm thinking. It's locking out these functions while you're driving. That's why you can still use speed dials, but not full contact list. Are the Contacts button and dial pad turning grey while you drive? If so, and you don't see the little drop downs saying the phone disconnected and reconnected, that's what you're seeing happen.

3. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You have to be going less than 5mph for those options to be available. Dumb idea on toyotas part.

4. scooter4n

scooter4n Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    YES, thats it.
    that was it, LOL

thanks all. Year old mystery solved, LOL